Ajoba is one of the highest peaks in Sahyadri. Ajoba can be climbed either from eastern or from western side. The climb for Ajoba from eastern side takes longer time. There is a Valmiki Ashram at half way to the Ajoba. The rest path to the top is said to be risky during monsoon. Near the Ashram, there is a small hut where we can stay. A small water stream provides us with pure water. The way beyond Ashram leads to a rivulet, crossing which we can reach the cave of ‘LUV-KUSH’. To reach this spot we have to ascend the way of waterfall for one and half hour. Above this cave there is a Steep Cliff called ‘Cradle of Sitamai’. In the cave there are the carved “Padukas” or the footprints of Luv and Kush. This Steep Cliff is a real challenge for trekkers. The ashram is a sacred place and people from all over Maharashtra come here. There are some carved stones near the ashram, on which some carved idols depict some story.
11.15 pm: Report at SP College, Tilak Road. Give attendance to the Team Explorers.
11.30 pm: Depart towards Ajoba .
Day 1 – 22nd January
06.00 am: Reach at base village Dehene.
06.30 am: After briefing, immediately start the ajoba trek.
08.30 am: Reach at valmiki ashram. Have packed breakfast at the ashram.
09.00 am: Start trek towards luv-Kush cave & above this cave there is a Steep Cliff called ‘Cradle of Sitamai’.
10.30 am: Explore it.
11.30 am: Start descending.
02.30 pm: lunch at base village.
04.00 pm:Reach Pune with Happy memories.
- Transport by Private Non AC High back Vehicle Pune to Pune.
- Morning Tea, Packed Breakfast (Limited), Lunch (Unlimited), Evening Tea & Snacks.
- Adventure Experts & Leaders of Explorers.
- Trekking with all safety Gears.
- First aid kit.
- Government Service Tax.
- Dinner on Sunday, Cold drinks, Mineral water, etc.
- Private orders of Tea, Breakfast, Meals, etc.
- Personal expenses of any kind.
- Insurance Coverage.
- Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Fees Include”.
Following deductions will be made in case of Cancellation:
- 30 Days before the Date of Departure – 25% of Regular Charges.
- Within 30 Days but before 10 Days of the Date of Departure – 50% of Regular Charges.
- Within 10 Days but before the Date of Departure – NO REFUND
- For Airfare:It will be depending on Airlines Policy + Rs.500 per head as our Service Charges.
- For Train: As per Train rules + Rs.500 as our Service Charge.
- In case the participant(s) have booked air tickets / railway tickets / bus tickets or hired a taxi in for the tour (or its extension), through us, then the refund paid by the airline authorities / railway authorities / bus operator / taxi operator shall be forwarded to the participants after deducting the processing charges, in case of cancellation made for the tour by the participant or tour being cancelled by Explorers.