The trek through Andharban is one of the most refreshing treks in the Sahyadri region. The name ‘Andharban’ is a compound word, coming from Andhar, meaning ‘dark’, and ban, which means ‘forest’. Literally the ‘dark forest’, Andharban is a trail through dense overgrowth, with beautiful views of the Devkund waterfall, Plus Valley and the Tamhini Ghat along the way. Scattered throughout with numerous small streams and waterfalls, it is a descending trek – it begins at an elevation of approximately 2,160 feet in the Sahyadri mountains and descends down into the valley, to reach the backwaters of the Bhira Dam.
Weekend Thrill here provides the day trek for Andharban, although it remains open the whole day. In fact, people sometimes treat this as a night trek as well, the only extra precaution being that they need to carry torches and be extra careful to the trail. However, in case if you are going here for the first time, it is always recommended that to have trek during the day.
Highlights of the Andharban trek:
- Trek through the deep forest that becomes almost dark when it’s blanketed under the dense fog
- Get the enchanting view of the Bhira Dam and Plus valley through clearings on the trek.
- Hypnotic Kundalika Valley View
- Visit Tamhini Ghat
- Spot 4-5 small but beautiful waterfalls on the way
10:00 pm: Meet our concened team at SGNP [Sanjay Gandhi National Park] Gate
10:15 pm: Departure from SGNP
10.30 pm: Pickup from JVLR Junction [Jogeshwari – Vikhroli Link Road]
10.55 pm: Sion Station
12.00 am: Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
06:00 am: Breakfast & Freshen up at Base Village
07:00 am: Reach Pimpri dam i.e. the start point of our trek
07:30 am: After briefing and a short introduction start trek
11:30 am: Lunch (to be carried)
12:30 pm: Continue with the trek
03:30 pm: Reach Bhira Dam which is the Endpoint of trek
04:00 pm: Evening Snacks
09:00 pm: Reach Mumbai tentatively
THINGS TO CARRY :
– 3 liters of water (Must)
– Raincoat / Poncho / Umbrella (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt. (Must)
– Good trekking shoes, an extra pair of socks (Must)
– Warm clothes / Shawl / bed-sheet (for rest)
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Carry 3-4 extra carry-bags
– Packs things properly to protect from rain
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
RULES TO FOLLOW:
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito.
– No jeans/skin tight clothes.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for the trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deo / perfume. After a trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs were taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
Travel from Mumbai to Andharban and back in non AC private transport
Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
Anything other than above-mentioned inclusion
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
Cancellation within 12hours of payment, 90% refundable
Cancellation before 15 days of event, 50% refundable
Cancellation before 5 days of event, 25% refundable
Cancellation before 3 days of event, 15% refundable
Above and after no refund– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.