Often called the Queen of Hill Stations, Udhagamandalam or Ooty lies in the state of Tamil Nadu. The origin of its name has been unclear; though it is believed that it comes from a local tribal word, Ootaca or Otha-Cal. A moderate elevation of around 7350 feet and a pleasant weather for most part of the year has led to Ooty tour packages becoming increasingly popular.
As with most hill towns in India, Udhagamandalam was established by the British. Over time, sprawling tea estates and heritage buildings came up, further enhancing its photogenic setting. Not just families and friends, but honeymooners have also found an appropriate paradise in Ooty, owing to its mesmerising lakes and hills. Many Ooty holiday packages include a journey on the UNESCO-listed Nilgiri Mountain Railway.
This hill route, on which it travels, has one of the steepest gradients in the world; hence, it uses the ingenious rack and pinion system, developed way back in 1811. Starting from Mettupalayam, the train takes passengers on winding and rising tracks, along tea gardens, across over 350 bridges and through more than 200 curves and 16 tunnels. While on Ooty family tours or a honeymoon, travellers can consider strolling in the town to witness the legacy of the British.
Udhagamandalam is dotted with scores of buildings, dating back to the 19th century. Among these, the Stone House and Saint Stephens Church are two of the most prominent. The Stone House was the first bungalow and in turn, the first pukka house, built here. It stands on a lush patch of land, which has tall trees all around.
Day 1: Bangalore. Arrive at Bangalore airport/ railway station. Then proceed to the hotel. Bangalore is the capital city of Karnataka state which is well known as Garden city. Afternoon proceed for a half day city tour of Bangalore visit Lal bagh, Cubbon park, Iskon Srikrishna Temple, Vidhan soudha and finally at Commercial Street for a bit of shopping. By evening return back to hotel and overnight stay at Bangalore.
Day 2: Bangalore-Mysore. After breakfast proceed to Mysore. On the way visit Srirangapatana which was the capital of King Hyder Ali and his son Tippu Sultan. By noon at Mysore. Check in at the hotel. Afternoon visit Mysore Palace which is one of the major attractions of Mysore. Then to Mysore Zoo, where you can see some of the rare species of wildlife. Evening proceed to world famous Brindavan garden extended over 150 acres. The musical fountain and light show adds attraction to the garden. Then return back to the hotel and overnight stay at Mysore.
Day 3: Mysore – Coorg. Morning after breakfast proceed to Coorg. On the way visit Kushal nagar golden temple, Tibetan colony, Nisarga dama etc. On arrival check in to the hotel and rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at coorg.
Day 4: Coorg. Morning after breakfast proceed to Tala Cauvery were the river Cauvery starts. Then visit Bagamandala, Raja site, Aabi falls etc. Evening return back to hotel and overnight stay at Coorg.
Day 5: Coorg – Bangalore. Morning after breakfast proceed back to Bangalore airport/ railway station for return journey.
- Hotel accommodation in above said hotels/ resorts on twin sharing basis.
- Daily Breakfast
- Transfers and sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary by A/c Indigo/ Swift Dezire/ Verito/ Etios.
- Toll, parking, driver’s batta, interstate tax etc.
- All prevailing taxes like luxury taxes, service taxes and expenditure taxes where ever applicable.
- Any air/ train fares & personal expenses like telephone, fax, internet, laundry etc
- Entry tickets, permit fees, boat/ ferry tickets etc at various places of sightseeing.
- Any Meals other than inclusions.
- Personal expenses such as tips, porterage, telephone calls, rooms service, etc.
- Anything which is not included in the package.
- Travel insurance.
- 9 % GST Extra.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY:
- Airfare / Train fare / Cruise Fare / Ferry fare – 100% cancellation once ticket is issued.
- 10 Days prior to the Date of Travel or in case of No-show, 100% Retention is payable.
- 10 to 30 Days prior to the Date of Travel, 75% Retention is payable.
- 30-45 Days prior to Date of Travel, 50% Retention is payable.
- 45 Days or more, Service fee of 10% of Total Package Amount is payable.
- No Refunds in case of early check-out, Decrease in Number of Passengers, Not Consumed Meals.
- ROW Holidays applies exactly the same Hotel/Service provider’s Cancellation Policy and any Refunds applicable will be issued only after ROW Holidays has received the same from the Hotel/Airline/Service providers.