“Mamu, am I in Heaven?” asked my 6 year old niece, from London, on a holiday with her parents, while walking down from the snow covered roads of Old Manali. This probably could be the best description of this quaint peaceful town offering panoramic views of the Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal Ranges, and a completely contrasting world in the snow filled months of winter.
This is an easy adventure trip designed as an experiential trekking and camping trip, in The Himalaya. Even the trek from Solang is downhill and easy. Even in winter. The trip design, in our opinion is the best possible manner to experience the essence of a colder Manali in 2 days that will sure keep you asking for more.
Hike amongst the snow-clad Dhauladhar range from Solang Valley to Old Manali. Hang out in the buzz of Old Manali in the lovely cafes and explore the tiny and charming town of Old Manali. Spend the chilly night snuggled up, surrounded by snow, in luxury hiking tents at an exotic private location, by the River Beas in Soman, Haripur. Get your adrenaline fix while paragliding* in the Kullu valley or go for winter sports like skiing or snowboarding in the Beautiful Solang Valley.
There is something for everyone in this lovely experiential adventure holiday apart from the best memories that all will take away. J
We, at Mountaineer, subscribe to the school of thought that there are no boundaries when it comes to adventure and thrill. There are only treasured experiences and memories. Come to the mountains of Manali and experience the spirit of adventure in a texture you thought could never exist.
You will never want to go home!
Day 01: Chandigarh/Delhi – Manali – Haripur – Old Manali – Somvan(campsite)
- We will receive the guests at the Patlikuhal bus stop and drive to the Base – Mountaineerz’, located in an orchard in Haripur (or Rambagh Chowk, Mall road, in Manali)
- and after introductions and refreshments, unwind a bit after the long drive. Then, drive to the beginning of the trek.
- Soak in the contrasting colours and beauty of a snow-covered Solang valley and begin your hike.
- After a pleasant and invigorating downhill hike, we will reach Old Manali.
- Breakfast and/or Lunch in restaurant/dhaba on the way at own cost.
- Chill in Old Manali if it tickles your fancy. Hang out in the lovely cafes with awesome music to give you company.
- You can also go for a stroll to the Old Manali forest, a quiet winter haven where people are a rarity. If you’d rather relax in the camp and want some peace and quiet, we’ll straightaway head to our camping site.
- Pitch the luxury tents in a picture perfect location here and enjoy a private camping experience in ‘Somvan’ by the freezing River Beas.
- Enjoy a freshly cooked vegetarian meal and collect firewood. Indulge in some angling and relaxation around a snug bonfire and BBQ before retiring for the night.
- We will stay in luxury hiking tents for a comfortable camping experience.
Day 02: Somvan Campsite – Haripur – Manali – Chandigarh – Delhi
- Wake up to the chilly morning life in the Himalaya.
- After leisurely breakfast by the river Beas, chill out by the riverside and explore surroundings. The options are varying and each equally enticing.
- Later, after lunch at the campsite, we will drop you at the Patlikuhal bus stand to catch the Volvo to Chandigarh/Delhi.
- Or after early breakfast, leave for Paragliding (high flying with some of the best pilots around. We have flown 2-year-olds to 90-year-olds)
- We also have the option of driving to Jana waterfall for some traditional Himachali Cuisine and an amazing ride. Visit the Castle, Roerich Art Gallery in Naggar, the ancient capital of Kullu, on the way.
- Then we will drop you at the Patlikuhal Bus stop for your onward journey.
- You can also take a cab* to explore the other must-see tourist attractions in Manali, like, the Hadimba Temple, Vashisht etc and indulge in some souvenir shopping before catching your bus from Manali at 5 pm.
- We will part ways here but only to meet soon for our next adventure.
- Stay in 2-4 men luxury hiking tents.
- Meals during camping (1 Dinner, 1 breakfast and 1 lunch) (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced lead guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- All meals during travel, in restaurants/dhabas.
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- Transport charges to rafting/paragliding point at actual.
- Personal porterage @INR. 500 per day per 10 kg bag, in case trekkers need porter/pony
- Paragliding, rafting, angling, snappling.
Cancellation Policy: We understand life can be unpredictable at times, and that plans can change, that’s why we are pretty flexible about cancellations. For last minute emergencies we offer future trip credits on a case by case basis. Please talk to us before you cancel any trip with us.
From confirmation up to 30 days prior to departure – 10% of the total amount payable would be charged.
Between 15 – 29 days – 50% would be refunded
Less than 15 days prior to departure: no refund.
In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same