Real adventure enthusiasts should have to visit at least once this region as it provides wide scope for biking, off roading, hiking, camping, trekking and many more. The major attractions include in this trip are Manali, Rohtang Pass, unpredictable Baralachla Pass, picturesque view of Sarchu, Tanglangla Pass (the second highest motorable pass in the
world), Leh (the beautiful tiny city), land of lama’s & monasteries, Khardungla (the highest motorable road in the world), Nubra valley (the cold desert) where you can ride on double humped camel in magical sand dunes, the magical color changing Pangong TSO, Magnetic hill, confluence of Indus and Zanskar river, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, splendor of Indian victory Kargil War Memorial, Srinagar (heaven of the world ), the world famous Dal lake and many more. And so call highway to heaven from hell.
Day 1:Delhi to Manali
Early morning meet up at India Gate followed by a quick briefing session and it is time to start the life time dream trip. We start our trip to Manali at wee hours via Karnal (breakfast), Ambala (quick break), Kiratpur (lunch),Mandi and Kullu.
Day 2:Local Sightseeing
After having delicious breakfast, get ready for local sightseeing and visit Solang Valley , where you can enjoy paragliding, visit Hadimba temple, Vashisht village where you may take dips at hot water spring, Mall road market, wrap up any last minute shopping and come back to hotel by evening, and gear up for your adventurous ride thorough Pir Panjal range of the great Himalayas, the very next day.
Day 3:Manali to Jispa
Having a healthy breakfast, we will hit the road for Jispa crossing the famous Rohtang Pass, the first pass on Manali Leh highway, which connects Kullu valley with Lahaul spiti Valley. You will enjoy the mesmerizing scenic beauty along the chandara and Bhaga river. Reach Jispa and Overnight Stay at Jispa
Day 4:Jispa to Sarchu
As you leave Jispa behind, enter the Greater Himalayan landscape. This highway route, takes you into the heart of the mountains. Enjoy the splendid view as you pass through the Baralacha Pass (5000 meters above sea level). Keep driving towards Sarchu which is the border line between Kashmir and Himachal. Reach Sarchu camp and relax for the rest of day. You have to keep fluid intake high keep away AMS (acute mountain sickness). Overnight stay in camp
Day 5:Sarchu to Leh
Start your journey to Leh after early breakfast. Cross Gata Loops , the 21 hair pin bends . On this day you will get the chance to ride on all types of road i.e tarmac, stony, quick and unbelievable U turns. That is probably why it is often referred as the “Highway to Hell”. Break for lunch at Pang and then drive on towards Leh passing through Skyangchu Thang (a vast plateau stretching for 42 kms) and then crossing Tanglang-La (17,585ft) and driving through the upper Indus Valley. Reach Leh by evening. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 6:Rest day at Leh (Bike checks/ gear up)
After a hearty breakfast, set out for local sightseeing, exploring Leh and the neighboring attractions, visiting Shanti Stupa, Jama Masjid, Leh Palace, Polo Grounds, and the War Museum to name a few. In the later part of the day, check and gear up the bikes as necessary and get ready for the adventure that is to follow the next day.
Day 7:Leh to Nubra Valley(Via Across Khardung La)
Gear up and speed off on the smooth tarmac to meet the board showing The Highest Motorable road in the world, after having a quick photo session head toward Khardung village where you can have a quick break for tea and snacks, after crossing Khalsar and Diskit and will enter in the fascinating magical sand dunes of Nubra valley. Overnight stay at camp.
Day 8:Nubra Valley to Tso Pangong Lake(Via Shyok Route)
Instead of coming back to Leh from Nubra, we will head towards Pangong Lake via Shyok route. This will give us an additional opportunity to ride/drive as real off roading, water crossing and save a day as well where we will get the chance to ride along with SHYOK RIVER. After crossing Tangtse you will see the first view of world famous Pangong TSO. Overnight stay at camp.
Day 9:Tso Pangong to Leh (Via across Chang La)
After spending an unforgettable night on the bank of Pangong TSO, head towards Leh. Enroute we will cross the Changla Pass ( 3rd highest motorable pass). Have a quick break at Karu for refreshment. Reach leh and overnight stay at Hotel in Leh.
Day 10:Leh to Kargil
The road from Leh to Kargil, which resembles a runway, constitutes the first part of the day’s journey, feel the magic of magnetic hill, pray at Gurudwara pathar sahib. En route, visit the Lamayuru monastary, which is the highest monastery in Ladakh and then,cross the Fotu La, the highest pass on the Leh – Srinagar road and descend down to stop at Kargil. Overnight stay at hotel in Kargil
Day 11:Kargil to Srinagar
Begin riding and cross Drass – the second coldest inhabited place on earth after Siberia (Russia) and visit the Drass war museum to pay respects and pray for the peace of the brave souls of the valiant jawans who fought and sacrificed their lives during the Kargil war of 1999. Pave way to reach the majestic Tiger hill and salute the brave Indian Army and the national flag – ‘Tiranga’ and yet again, feel the pride of being an Indian. Ride to cross Zoji La and descend down to Sonmarg while leaving behind the arid, dry and vegetation – less yet picturesque Ladakh to be greeted by the starkly contrasting greenery of Sonmarg, one of the most beautiful parts of Kashmir. Visit the Dal Lake for a shikara ride, the Mughal Gardens, the Shankracharya Temple and other tourist attractions on reaching Srinagar.
Day 12:Srinagar to Pathankot
Cross the gateway to Kashmir which is heavily guarded by the Indian army, and then, pass through the historical Jawahar Tunnel to enter the newly constructed the longest tunnel of India (Chenani – Nasri Tunnel) then enter in warm and sunny Udhampur/ Jammu region. Finally, be grateful to God for having successfully completed one of the toughest drives in the world not only safely but also while immersing in every moment of its awe inspiring beauty at the same time, reach Pathankot by evening and overnight stay at hotel.
Day 13:Pathankot to Delhi
After having north Indian the most famous Punjabi breakfast, start your journey to Delhi, cross Ludhiana, Ambala and reach Delhi by evening. Tour concludes with lots of unforgettable memories.
Things to Carry for Delhi Manali Leh Srinagar Road Trip
Here is a list of essential things one should carry for a trip to Ladakh, While we can tell you the essential but kindly think of your requirements also. Families coming with kids should carry stuff you kids need. We feel a cross check of luggage with this list before leaving, would be helpful to many of us in reducing the chances of forgetting some small things while we go on a trip. This way we can enjoy the trip without worrying over the availability of some item
- Riding Gears are Mandatory for bike riders. (Compulsory for both Rider and pillion Rider).
- Full face helmets. Provided along with bike in case of rented bike
- Winter Biking Gloves, Knee Pads and Elbow Pads (Available on rental basis)
- Rain Coat
- Boots and Boots Cover / Gum Boots
- Itinerary Printout (at least 2)
- Two passport size photographs copy of passport and visa, copy of international drivers permit (For foreign National)
- At least 4 Copies of Photo ID proof for all members. (Pan Card is not Valid ID proof)
- Valid driving Licence in case you are driving/riding. (Pillion rider don’t need it)
- Bike / Car paper (In case you bringing your own bike/ Car)
- Mobile phone. BSNL number if possible. Otherwise Airtel post-paid also work most places. BSNL work in most of the terrains.
- Camera (Your choice)
- Mobile Charger & Powerbank.
- Pen and a small Diary,Bag locks (2 or more)
- Sunglasses – Recommended. Both for safety and style 🙂
- Recommended for remote areas – Small water bottle, say 500 ml
- Plastic Bags / Plastic Zip Lock Bags Twist-ties, safety pins
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Toilet Soap/ Hand sanitizer.
- Tissue papers and hand towel.
- Face wash and Deodorant ( you will need it if you want to skip bath)
- Moisturizing Cream and Talc powder.(A MUST FOR BIKE RIDERS)
- Sunscreen recommended.
- Lip Guard (very much needed)
- Comb, Shaving Kit and Cold Cream
Backpack (No suitcase or Trolley Bag Allowed)
- Best way to choose clothes is – Spread all your clothes you wanted to carry for trip on bed. Now remove 50% out as per priority. Now you got the best clothes. Avoid too much of clothes you will end up wearing half of it. But you will end up wasting lots of time in packing and unpacking while others will be enjoying outside
- 1 Towel
- 6 – 8 Pairs of socks (woollen)
- 1 pair of flip flops
- At least two light jackets
- Warm head cover, ear covers & Forehead covers (To avoid getting AMS in high altitude due to cold winds).
- 1 heavy woolen jacket
- Woollen hand gloves
- At least 2-3 pairs of thermal – Most useful thing. This way your bag comes down to half its size.
- Rain coat – A Must thing. Even if it’s not raining it will save you from cold winds, mud and water on roads.
- 2-3 Jeans/Track pants (If you want more comfort) and 5 to 6 T shirt.
- Welcome drinks on arrival.
- Accommodation in well-appointed deluxe or equivalent hotels/Camps as per city on Triple sharing Basis from Day 01 to Day 12.
- All meals throughout the stay on MAPAI basis- 13 Breakfast & 12 Dinner.
- Support back up vehicle, for emergency.
- Royal Enfield 350cc with fuel if package availed with bike.
- A seat in SUV i.e Innova/Xylo/Bolero/Tempo Traveller depend upon group size if package availed with SUV.
- Tour Leaders throughout the trip
- One bike mechanic throughout the biking tour with spare parts (Spare parts are chargable).
- All Inner line permits wherever required.
- Theme Dinner with bonfire at Leh.
- A party night during the trip.
- Basic First aid kit and Oxygen Cylinders in emergency.
- Services of luggage vehicle for a group of more than 10 motorbikes
- T-shirt/ highlighter specially designed. (Please send your size)
- Stickers for Bike & Helmet.
- Likeminded Friends.
- Unforgettable memory for the life!!
- Any majeure service expenses.
- Any kind of Insurance/ medical.
- All entry tickets for stupas, monasteries, sightseeing, state and entry fees.
- Fees for camel ride or ATV ride.
- Any Air/Bus/Taxi/Jeep fare.
- Lunch throughout the tour.
- Ladakh autonomous hill development council (LAHDC) Leh environment fees & red cross fees.
- Any personal expenses like room service, donation, tips, drinks, bar & beverage, mineral water, laundry and telephone.
- All items/services not specially mentioned in the inclusion.
- No bill will be reimbursed against any missed service/facility.
- Any part of package is not availed by the client; refunds cannot be claimed for any part of package exchangeable with any services.
- In case of extension of a tour is required, supplements as applicable would be paid directly to us by the clients.
- Service Tax (GST) as per actual would be charged on the package cost.
- Additional accommodation / food cost incurred due to any delay
- Riding Gears for rider which can be hired (Knee pads and Elbow guards – Rs. 500/- for the whole trip)
- Vehicle servicing or maintenance cost
- Cost incurred to transfer or tow the motorbike in case it is dropped on the way.
- People who choose with Bike+Fuel package have to pay security deposit of Rs.10000/- Which is refundable you once handover the bike at the end of the trip.
- Trip schedule is subjected to change as per road, weather and other unavoidable conditions so take a day or two in buffer. This is not an ordinary place its “Leh Ladakh”. Only Team members have the right to take decision depending on above.
- Any extra cost (Transportation/ Accommodation) arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes) or change in law, etc (to be borne by the client as per actual, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Strictly No suitcase/Trolley bags are allowed only 1 backpack bag is allowed in Backup vehicle/ Luggage Vehicle. We provide luggage vehicle however customer will be responsible for their own luggage.
- Kindly note this is expedition is not an ordinary trip so mentally prepare yourself for the same, take it as a challenge.
- Traveller will be responsible for their personal belongings on the trip, company will not be responsible for the same.
100% refund policy is there if the trip got cancelled or called off by us otherwise there is no refund of any kind.