LADAKH: Hidden over high passes in an arid, largely treeless rain shadow, Ladakh boasts
of a classic Trans Himalayan scenery: huge khaki-coloured valleys and harsh rock walls
brought alive by the occasional splash of irrigated green. Traditional Tibetan Buddhist
culture remains intact here, with beautiful monasteries that burst into life during dance
festivals that have changed little in over 500 years. This contains everything an adventure
lover wants – epic treks, sparkling high-altitude mountain lakes and a well developed
backpacker infrastructure based around the capital, Leh.
Major Passes Covered
Other Attractions Covered
● Batalik (Main Region Of 1999 Kargil War)
● Hamboting-La (New High Pass During The Ride, @13,880 Ft)
● Yaye – Tso (Lake During Ride to Pangong from Tso-Moriri)
● Mirpal – Tso (Lake During Ride to Pangong from Tso-Moriri)
● Tso-Moriri Lake and Pangong Lake
● All Day Ride is less than 200 Kms
DAY 01: – DELHI TO MANALI VOLVO TRANSFER
Overnight journey from Delhi to Manali in semi-sleeper volvo bus.
DAY 02: – MANALI ARRIVAL
After reaching the beautiful land of Manali, head towards your hotel and freshen up.Explore the beautiful city of Manali on your own till evening. Gather in the evening for a tour briefing, safety and rescue session by our professionals.
DAY 03: – MANALI TO JISPA
Post breakfast, gather early and start the adventure of a lifetime. This is the first day of your adventurous journey. Begin your journey by riding through one of the famous high mountain pass named Rohtang-La at an approx altitude of 13000 ft to koksar and then to reach your destination JISPA. Overnight stay in Jispa.
DAY 04: – JISPA TO SARCHU
Post breakfast, start your ride and enjoy the scenic valleys of Jispa. En-route, we will enjoy the beauty of Baralacha-la Pass, Zing-zing bar. Enjoy the evening with some campfire and lighthearted fun and games. Overnight stay at Sarchu.
DAY 05: – SARCHU TO TSO MORIRI
Post breakfast, make way to Tsomoriri; which is shared by the states of J&K and Himachal Pradesh. En-route you will be crossing Tsokar lake, Mori-planes, Pang, Gata Loops, Nakeela, Lachung-La and reach your destination Tso Moriri by evening.
DAY 06: – TSO MORIRI TO PANGONG
Post breakfast, explore a route which is not commonly used for commercially bike trips. This route leads you to a beautiful lake birthed from the Himalayan mountains. Explore the new route from mahe bridge to chushul village. Within this route we may get chance to explore small lakes named Yaye-TSo and Mirpal-Tso. Have your lunch at chushul village, and experience the delicacies of nature. Afterwards, head through a lake safari of approx
25 kms via maan and merak village. Overnight stay at Pangong Lake.
DAY 07: – PANGONG TO NUBRA
Post breakfast, start your journey and stop at shooting point at Pangong Lake for approx 15-30 mins. Later, ride through one of the most uncommon route in Ladakh area via Shayok village, which has been opened recently tourists. Reach nubra in the evening and explore the marvellous sand dunes. A sand dune is also known as a Cold-Dessert where you can find and enjoy the ride of an unusual double humped camel. Double hump camels are known as bactrian camels or mongolian camels too.
DAY 08: – NUBRA TO LEH
Post breakfast, ride to Diskit monastery, which is among the most famous monastery of the world. Later start your ride towards the exciting and breathtaking roads; the WORLD’S HIGHEST MOTORABLE PASS – KHARDUNG-LA (18,380’). Feast on a vast array of distinct and divergent landscapes the Ladakh valley has to offer. Reach your destination Leh in the evening. Overnight stay at Leh.
DAY 09: – LEH LOCAL
Enjoy a leisurely day in Leh and experience the beautiful and spiritual of Leh. You can visit Shanti Stupa, Leh Palace, Leh Market, Shey Palace and War memorial to name a few places. In the evening come back to the hotel and relax for the thrilling ride the next day. Overnight stay in Leh.
DAY 10: – LEH TO BATALIK
Post breakfast, leave for BATALIK. The main region of 1999 Kargil war with Pakistan and enroute visit Dha-Hanu village. People who inhabit this area are considered as the last remnants of the Indo-Aryans. They have distinct features and their attire consists of elaborate jewellery. During the ride you will cover Sangam point (meeting point of Zanskar and Indus River), Magnetic Hill and Gurudwara pathar sahib. Overnight stay in
DAY 11: – BATALIK TO SONMARG
Post breakfast, leave for SONMARG via Kargil. The ride goes through the famous Zojila pass and Drass Village (2nd Coldest Inhabited place in the World). The ride gives you a spectacular view of the Kargil area. Visit the Famous Peaks; Tiger and Tololing from Vijay war memorial hall site. Reach Sonmarg by evening. This is the last day of your bike trip and the journey of your dream destination is over. Celebrate the completion of this memorable trip. Overnight stay at Sonmarg
DAY 12: – DEPARTURE
Post breakfast, head towards Srinagar airport to fly back to your home destination with loads of beautiful and amazing memories.
Things to Carry for Srinagar to Leh Ladakh Road Trip
Here is a list of essential things one should carry for a trip to Ladakh, While we can tell you the essential but kindly think of your requirements also. Families coming with kids should carry stuff you kids need. We feel a cross check of luggage with this list before leaving, would be helpful to many of us in reducing the chances of forgetting some small things while we go on a trip. This way we can enjoy the trip without worrying over the availability of some item
- Riding Gears are Mandatory for bike riders. (Compulsory for both Rider and pillion Rider).
- Full face helmets. Provided along with bike in case of rented bike
- Winter Biking Gloves, Knee Pads and Elbow Pads (Available on rental basis)
- Rain Coat
- Boots and Boots Cover / Gum Boots
- Itinerary Printout (at least 2)
- Two passport size photographs copy of passport and visa, copy of international drivers permit (For foreign National)
- At least 4 Copies of Photo ID proof for all members. (Pan Card is not Valid ID proof)
- Valid driving Licence in case you are driving/riding. (Pillion rider don’t need it)
- Bike / Car paper (In case you bringing your own bike/ Car)
- Mobile phone. BSNL number if possible. Otherwise Airtel post-paid also work most places. BSNL work in most of the terrains.
- Camera (Your choice)
- Mobile Charger & Powerbank.
- Pen and a small Diary,Bag locks (2 or more)
- Sunglasses – Recommended. Both for safety and style 🙂
- Recommended for remote areas – Small water bottle, say 500 ml
- Plastic Bags / Plastic Zip Lock Bags Twist-ties, safety pins
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Toilet Soap/ Hand sanitizer.
- Tissue papers and hand towel.
- Face wash and Deodorant ( you will need it if you want to skip bath)
- Moisturizing Cream and Talc powder.(A MUST FOR BIKE RIDERS)
- Sunscreen recommended.
- Lip Guard (very much needed)
- Comb, Shaving Kit and Cold Cream
Backpack (No suitcase or Trolley Bag Allowed)
- Best way to choose clothes is – Spread all your clothes you wanted to carry for trip on bed. Now remove 50% out as per priority. Now you got the best clothes. Avoid too much of clothes you will end up wearing half of it. But you will end up wasting lots of time in packing and unpacking while others will be enjoying outside
- 1 Towel
- 6 – 8 Pairs of socks (woollen)
- 1 pair of flip flops
- At least two light jackets
- Warm head cover, ear covers & Forehead covers (To avoid getting AMS in high altitude due to cold winds).
- 1 heavy woolen jacket
- Woollen hand gloves
- At least 2-3 pairs of thermal – Most useful thing. This way your bag comes down to half its size.
- Rain coat – A Must thing. Even if it’s not raining it will save you from cold winds, mud and water on roads.
- 2-3 Jeans/Track pants (If you want more comfort) and 5 to 6 T shirt.
- Royal Enfield 500 cc
- Fuel for the mentioned itinerary (Sonmarg to Manali)
- Accommodation on Double or Triple Sharing Basis as per the itinerary in hotel / camp
- Daily Breakfast ( From Day – 2 to Day – 11)
- Daily Dinner (From Day – 1 to Day – 10)
- Backup vehicle as well as Luggage van
- Mechanical Support
- Group Leader
- All Inner Line Permits
- Oxygen Cylinder with general First Aid
- Meals which are not mentioned
- Any Travel expense To and Fro from Delhi or Srinagar
- Any personal expenses like laundry, telephone bills, tips.. etc
- Any kind of Biking gears (such as Elbow Guard, Knee Guard, Riders Jacket..etc)
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks. . Etc to be borne by the client directly on the spot
- REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT OF INR 10000/- PER BIKE (If any, damages in bike. Damage cost will be deducted from refundable security deposit of INR 10,000/-)
- Any other item which is not specified under cost inclusions
- 5% G.S.T tax as applicable
- Any entrance fee to the monastery and monuments
- Travel Insurance.
Important Information :-
- People who choose with Bike+Fuel package have to pay security deposit of Rs. 10000/- Which is refundable when you handover the bike at the end of the trip.
- Trip schedule is subjected to change as per roads , weather and other unavoidable conditions so take a day or two in buffer.
- This is not an ordinary place it’s “Leh”. Only Team members have the right to take decision depending on above.
- Strictly No suitcase/Trolley bags are allowed only 1 backpack bag is allowed in Backup vehicle.
- 100% refund policy is there if the trip got cancelled or called off by Devils On Wheelz otherwise there is no refund of any kind.
Be prepared for fun filled memorable journey for life. It’s not a luxury trip but a fun filled adventure.