Home Please Select City Pune
Duke’s Nose Rappelling and Valley Crossing
Duke’s Nose Rappelling and Valley Crossing
Scheduled Dates: 5th November, 2016 and 6th November, 2016
Base Village: Kurvande
Duration: 1 Day
Reporting Time and Place: On the Day of Trek by sharp 05:45 am from Shivajinagar Railway Station
Age Group: 15 to 50 years
Mode of Transport: : Pune – Lonavala – Pune by Local. (No Seat Reservation) & Lonavala-Kurvande-Lonavala by Sumo.
Difficulty Level: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Nagphani, later known as Dukes Nose after Duke Wellington, is a cliff at Khandala near Lonavala. The Cliff is pointed like a snakes (nag) pointed head portion (hood – phani) and hence the name Nagphani. The name Dukes nose is derived as the cliff looked like the shape of the Duke. This is a marvellous trekking spot nearby Lonavala.
Rappelling and Valley Crossing at Duke’s Nose consists of a one hour walk that takes you to the top of Dukes nose. A 200 feet Valley crossing from Dukes Nose to Duchess Nose is a great fun due to roaring winds, Foggy atmosphere & of course Deep Valley. While Rappelling from the Dukes Nose is a 350 feet thrilling experience with 90 Degree Rappelling in a combination of Overhang & Deep Valley View.
So what are you waiting for? Book a trip to Lonavala and experience Rappelling and Valley Crossing at Duke’s Nose with ultimate fun and adventure. Spend your weekend getaway from Pune in an adventurous manner.
- Departure Date & Time: On the Day of Trek by sharp 05:45 am from Shivajinagar Railway Station by Local.
- Arrival Date & Time: On the Day of Trek around 8.30 pm at Shivajinagar Railway Station by Local.
(We may come to Pune ONE Hour Before OR After the given time)
- 05.45 AM: After Attendance Departure for Lonavala by Local. Board Pune – Lonavala Local. No Seat Reservation in Local.
- 07.15 AM: Get down at Lonavala Railway Station. Immediately start a Journey towards Kurvande Village by Local Sumo.
- 08.00 AM: Reach Kurvande Village. Have tea & breakfast. Toilets are not available in village & trek route.
- 08.30 AM: Start a Trek towards Dukes Nose. 45 Min. Trek from Kurvande Village.
- 09.30 AM: Reach Top of Dukes Nose. Briefing about the Activity, Equipment Introduction & Demo by Experts.
- 10.00 AM: Activity starts with Flying fox & then Rappelling. There is No specific time for Lunch, you can have a Lunch at your suitable Timings. Please keep patience while others are doing the activity.
- 05.00 PM: Activity ends with Happy memories…… Start a return trek towards Kurvande Village.
Our sumo will drop you at Lonavala railway station. Leader will not accompany you in return journey.
- 06.00 PM: After Reaching at Lonavala Railway Station board Lonavala – Pune Local from Platform No.3.
Local timing from Lonavala to Pune are : 02.55 pm / 03.45 pm / 05.25 pm / 05.58 / 07.00 pm / 07.32 pm / 08.40 pm
- 08.30 PM: Reach Shivajinagar Railway Station
Things to Carry:
- A Good Quality of Rucksack suitable for One day Trek with all inside Luggage packed in a Plastic Bag.
- Sufficient Lunch. (Nothing will be available throughout the Trek)
- Time pass Food like Biscuits, Chips etc. (Keep Garbage in your Bag)
- Minimum3 Ltr. Water Bottles. (Water is not available on Dukes Nose.)
- Extra Dress in a plastic Bag.
- Rainproof / Sun Cap / Warm Wear as per Season.
- Napkin / Towel
- Glucon – D OR Electrol – Optional
- Shoes Compulsory in a Good Condition while trekking.
- Dress Code: T-shirt, Flexible Track pant. (HALF PANT NOT ALLOWED.)
- Any type of addictions like tobacco, Liquor, etc is strictly not allowed.
- Personal Medicines, if any.
* This is just a reminder list of what to Bring. You can bring other things as per the Need.
General Tips for Happy Trekking
- Don’t keep valuable things while trekking.
- Use plastic carry bags to save your mobile & Wallet.
- Avoid Jean pant for inconvenience in Walking / Climbing.
- Always keep your Original Photo ID with you.
- Follow all the Instructions given by Team Explorers.
- Don’t expect similiar food quality of your home town. Try local food to have some different experience.
- Respect the Local Religion & Traditions.
- While taking photographs don’t click photo’s of local people without their permission.
- Keep Healthy environment & helpful nature while Trekking & at the time of Activity.
- Don’t keep anything like mobile, Wallet, Gold ornaments at the time of Adventure Activity.
- Make New friends & share your thoughts in a Group.
- Transport by Local (Pune – Lonavala – Pune).
- Lonavala – Kurvande – Lonavala by Local Sumo.
- Trekking with all safety measures.
- Morning Tea & Breakfast (Limited).
- Rappelling 350 ft. & Flying Fox 200 ft. with all Safety Gears.
- Expert Team of Explorers.
- First aid kit.
- Government Service Tax.
- Lunch on Sunday, Cold drinks, Mineral water, etc.
- Private orders of Tea, Breakfast, Meals, etc.
- Personal expenses of any kind.
- Insurance Coverage.
- Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Fees Include“.
Cancellation and Refund
- No refund is available for this event
- In case of cancellation of the event from the organizers, total amount will be refunded excluding the 2.5% payment gateway charges, within 5 working days from the event date