Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. It looks like a filed surface. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialities of the cave. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Four–Five potholes and some cannon balls are scattered in the fort.
The tentative itinerary for the Trek is as given below:
- Catch the 4:30 pm cst-karjat fast local. People who live on slow track station are requested to board the train from their nearest station.
- The train will arrive at the following points at the below given estimated time:
CST :16:30 Hrs
Byculla :16:37 Hrs
Dadar : 16:43 Hrs
Kurla : 16:50 Hrs
Ghatkopar : 16:54 Hrs
Mulund : 17:06 Hrs
Thane :17:10 Hrs
Dombivali : 17:22 Hrs
Kalyan : 17:30 Hrs
Karjat : 18:20 Hrs
Meeting Point: Karjat Station – 06:20 pm
After the arrival of all our travellers at the meeting point, We will proceed to the base village Ambivali by tum-tum or private vehicle.
07:30 pm: Reach Ambiwali, Introduction round & Snack
Ascend – Enjoy Fireflies en-route
Reach pethwadi by 9.30pm
10.00 pm: Have Dinner and stay
10:30 pm: Start Trek & Enjoy Fireflies on the way while trekking.
12.00 pm: Off to sleep
06:00 am: Wake up call, Sunrise view, Explore & Photography & Breakfast
06.30am. start to ascend
08:00 am: Reach on top, Explore and rest
09:30 am: Start descending.
11:30 am: Reach Base Villages, Rest & Lunchtime.
01:30 pm: Leave for Karjat by bus/ Private Vehicles
02:30 pm: Reach Karjat and take local to Mumbai.
- Members are requested to take return ticket till karjat by their own. Board the second compartment towards Karjat side.
Everybody will board the same local and meet on the train itself.
Transportation from Karjat to Karjat,
Breakfast and tea
Guide & expertise Charges
Any personal expenses
Any other charges not mentioned above.
- Since the weather over there is mostly cloudy during the monsoons. Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet. Double pack your valuables in plastic bags.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek. We shall travel together as a group.
We all are going for an adventurous activity. Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments. Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even local people. Due to the Monsoon season, we recommend you to please take care of every place while walking/climbing/trekking.
- No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains.
- No Smoking, tobacco, and alcohol
- Be a group – it’s not a race
- NO littering please…we are educated.
The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
Note- Please understand this ain’t a picnic, all Trekking and Adventure activities demand fitness. We request you to get a medical fitness check done before you participate in any such events. If suffering from any allergy carry proper medications and inform your trek leaders about it. Also make sure you have a sufficient supply of medication for your trip, building in an allowance for any travel delay. Those with Active Chest and Heart diseases that limit physical activity should not go to high altitudes.