The ever beautiful ‘Dharamshala’ is located in the scenic valleys of Kangra in Himachal Pradesh. It is a calm and serene hill station situated at an average altitude of 1,475 meters above sea level. A panoramic hill station,wooded with oak and conifer trees and snow capped mountains.No doubt,this is the most awe-inspiring destination to visit with family and friends to enjoy the beauty of mother nature. The attractive surroundings of Dharamshala and the influence of great Buddhism culture make this hill station one of the best in India. Moreover,the presence of the great Tibetan leader Dalai Lama along with other Buddhist monks and Tibetan Monasteries has made Dharamshala popular among spirituality seekers and religious travelers. One can visit these hills and spend an entire life here. For passionate travelers, this place is nothing less than a paradise. So pack your bags and start traveling to Dharamshala for the best holidaying experience ever with Weekend Thrill.
How to reach Dharamshala?
Dharamshala town is reached by Kangra Gaggal Airport about 12 km to the town’s south and about 10 km north of Kangra, Himachal Pradesh town. To reach Dharamshala by train, one has to reach Kangra, Himachal Pradesh town by Kangra Valley Railway line from Pathankot 94 km away and then take a bus or a taxi
Pathankot is a broad gauge railway head. There is another railway line from Pathankot to Jogindernagar, a part of the Mandi District of Himachal Pradesh, which is a narrow-gauge line. The nearest station to Dharamshala on this line is Chamunda Marg, half an hour away, where a Shaktipitha is; the town is well connected by road to other parts of the country.
Buses of all classes ply daily between Dharamshala and major cities such as Chandigarh, Delhi, and Shimla through NH 503. Several buses run each night connect McLeodGanj with Majnu Ka Tila, the Tibetan settlement in Delhi.
Places to visit in Dharamshala
Sight seeing: Bhagsu Waterfall , Naddi Vew Point, Dharamsala War memorial, Nechung Monastry, Sunset point
Religious sites: Tsuglag Khang, Jawalamukhi Devi Temple, Tsechokling Gompa
Places to eat at: Nick’s Italian kitchen, Tibet Kitchen, common Ground Café, Jimmy’s Bakery
Nearby Places around Dharamshala
Mcleodganj 6 km Dalhousie 117 km
Day 1:- Delhi to Dharamshala By Cab
Arrive in Delhi by Train in the morning. Meet and Greet by our representative on Railway station or Airport. Pick up from Delhi and drive to Dharamshala. On arrival check into the hotel . Dinner and over night stay at hotel.
Day 2 :- Dharamshala Full Day Local Sight Seeing
Morning after breakfast drive to visit Dharamshala Local Sightseeing Like: St John church, Monasteries & Bhagsunath temple-the oldest temple Mcleodganj . After that drive to hotel. Dinner and over night stay at the hotel.
Day 3:- Dharamshala to Dalhouise & Dalhousie Sight Seeing
Have your breakfast. After breakfast we check out from the hotel and drive to Dalhousie. On arrival to Dalhousie, check in to the hotel. After getting freshen up drive for local sight seeing to places like: Subash Baoli, Panchpulla, Local Market etc. In the evening return back to hotel. Dinner and over night stay at hotel.
Day 4:- Dalhousie- Kalatop- Khajjiar Sight Seeing
Enjoy your breakfast. After breakfast drive to Kalatop – Khajjiar, one of the most scenic Plateau known as the mini Switzerland of India. It is surrounded by dense pine and deodar forests. There is a small lake in the center with a floating island and 9-hole golf course here. Enjoy zorbing & paragliding. Enjoy the serenity of the Khajjiar Lake. Then visit Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary.
It is a high altitude forest area located at an average elevation of 2,500 meters above sea level and offers stunning views of thick pine, deodar, and oak forests and a plethora of various fauna such as the Himalayan Black Bear, Pheasants, and Himalayan Black Marten. Trekking is the best way to explore the beauty of this forest. There is a forest guest house at Kalatop, where you can stay for a better experience (if you are a wildlife enthusiast).
People normally prefer to walk up to Kalatop from Lakkarmandi (approx. 4 km from Kalatop) to take in the amazing views of the beautiful landscapes of Kalatop. This region is less explored compared to other area of Dalhousie, and activities like forest trailing, wildlife safari, trekking, etc. attracts the travelers. In evening return back to hotel . Dinner and over night stay at hotel.
Day 5:-Dalhousie – Delhi Departure By Cab
Enjoy your breakfast. Check out from hotel and Drive back to Delhi and drop at Delhi Airport Railway Station.
Important Points to be kept in mind on this trip to Dharamshala and Dalhousie:
- Hotel Check in/Check Out Time as per hotel Policies
- Meal Timings must be followed as per instruction given by the hotels
- Star Categorization of hotels in Himachal Pradesh is on the basis of location, services , facility and costing and not as per star categorization i.e 1*2*3* and so on used in the Metro cities.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Customers must carry the tour itinerary , Hotel vouchers, cab details, valid id proof of all the travelers
NGT (National Green Tribunal) Rules & Regulations
National Green Tribunal has implemented few restrictions & instructions for every traveller visiting Rohtang Pass which are as follows:-
- The number of vehicles to Rohtang Pass per day is restricted to 1000 /-, out of which only 600 petrol engine taxis and 400 diesel taxis will be allowed. Due to this restriction customers have to wait as per availability.
- Visit to Rohtang pass can be on individual/sharing by deluxe bus subject to availability
This Trip to Dharamshala includes:
- 2 Nights accommodation in Dharamshala
- 2 Nights accommodation in Dalhousie.
- Accommodation on Double sharing basis
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Meal Plan including 03 Morning Tea, 03 Breakfast and 03 Dinner
- All applicable hotel taxes & Parking, Toll Tax, Green Tax and Driver Expense
- Transportation from Delhi to Dharamshala and Dalhousie To Delhi by Swift Dzire
- All Dharamshala and Dalhousie sightseeing as per the above given tour itinerary by Individual Cab
- Heater Charges
- Air fare / train fare
- Ac does not work in hilly areas
- Any expenses incurred due to Emergencies
- Monument /Camera fees and entry fees
- Any Adventure Activities Paragliding River rafting Skiing etc..
- Any type of Local Transportation excluding the provided sightseeing as per the itinerary and any kind of local expense during stay in hotel
- Expenses of personal nature such as Volvo Baggage handling, tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Any other item not specified in ‘cost includes’.
- Guide & Entrance fees during sightseeing.
- Laundry, wines & alcoholic beverages, mineral water (unless specified), telephone charges, shopping, all items of personal nature and also food and drinks not forming the part of the group menus.
Please note that adventure activities are not included in this package.If you want to do adventure activities you have to pay extra for these Activities.