Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2320 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Thakurwadi
Kalavantin Information: Kalavantin is not a fort, it’s a pinnacle with the steps carved in one rock of pinnacle. Besides Kalavantin, there is Prabalgad fort in its present form, was built to keep an eye on Panvel and Kalyan region. It is also said that King Shivaji and Jijabai also stayed on Prabalgad fort for short duration. In 1657, It was conquered by Shivaji from the Mughals. There is a dense forest on the way till the top. Similar to Matheran, there is huge plateau on top covered with dense forest. It is also said that Umaji Naik made a stay here in 1826. The fort top offers an excellent view of the surroundings with Prabalgad valley in the front. Matheran, Chanderi, Irshalgad, Karnala, Manikgad, etc. can be easily seen from the top of Kalavantin pinnacle.
Stay will be on prabalmachi i.e. halfway. Also, Get ready with your cameras to shoot the actual stars. Nothing can beat the visibility of stars.
06:30 pm: Meet at Panvel Railway Station
06:45 pm: leave from Panvel for base village
07:30 pm: Introduction & Start trek
09:00 pm: Reach prabalmachi (base village), Dinner
05:00 am: Wake-up call & refreshment
05:30 am: Start ascending Kalavantin
08:00 am: Enjoy sunrise from the top of Kalavantin
10:00 am: Breakfast at Prabalmachi
10:30 am: Start descending Prabalmachi and reach Panvel railway station
Things to carry:
● At least 2 ltrs of drinking water
● Torch with extra batteries
● Photo ID card
● Good trekking or sport shoes
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Jackets (photo acche aate hey)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of cloths. (if required)
● Bedsheet / chaddar/Blanket
● Any personal medicine
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous “honeybee attack” where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader’s decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
● Dinner (veg / non veg)
● Toilet facility
● Camping in tent / dormitory
● Breakfast & Tea
● Travelling from Panvel to Panvel
● First aid kit
● Expertise charges
● Any other personal expenses other than Inclusions & GST
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.