Day 1:- Arrive at Sonamarg
- Altitude: 7800 ft
- 90 km drive from Srinagar, approx 3 hours.
- If booked in advance, can arrange to pick up from TRC at 3 pm
- Our campsite is near the Sindh river (Shitkadi Village).
- Since there are no shops around ensure that you have all that you need already.
- Remember to carry your ID proof in original and 2 photocopies as we have to submit them at the army check post.
Day 2:- Sonamarg to Nichnai via Shekdur.
- Altitude: 7,800 ft to 11,500 ft
- 11 km trek, approx 8 hours
- After the breakfast, we trek to Nichnai via Shekdur.
- The trail takes you through meadows, dense forests with Maple, Pine and Bhoj trees.
- After approx half an hour, we get an army check post where we have to submit our ID proofs.
- While you are at it, you can enjoy an awesome view of the Sonmarg Valley or the Thajiwas Glacier.
- The trek from Shitkadi to Shekdur will be through thick forests of pine trees and will take approx 2 and a half hours.
- At Shekdur, you can indulge in instant noodles and an omelette if you wish to.
- We follow the Nichnai Stream as we trek from Shekdur to Nichnai.
- We have lunch at the Nichnai stream, after Shekdur.
Day 3:- Nichnai to Vishansar lake via Nachnai Pass
- Altitude: 11,500 ft to 12,000 ft via 13100 ft
- 12 km trek, approx 7 hours
- Trek from Nichnai to Nichnai Pass is of approx 1 and half hours ascent.
- At the top of Nichnai Pass, you can get B.S.N.L network, which is the last point under the mobile coverage area.
- From Nichnai pass to Vishansar, there is a descent.
- At Vishansar campsite, lunch will be offered.
- We can visit the Vishansar Lake which is just 15 minutes walk from the campsite
- The first lake of the trek and one of the most beautiful ones.
- If the trek is in July, the lake will be frozen. Otherwise, we can go fishing at the lake with permission from Srinagar Fishing Department.
- Vishansar is visited by hoards of sheep and their shepherds are known for interesting stories.
- A campsite is a unique place with open ground and you can play volleyball, cricket etc.
- Beware of dogs at the campsite
Day 4:- Acclimatization + Rest Day. (Condition Apply)
- You may visit Kishansar lake, which is at approx 1 and a half km from our campsite.
- If the weather is not good we will use acclimatization day at vishansar or else move towards next campsite, rest day can be used at Gangbal campsite.
Day 5:- Vishansar lake to Gadsar via Gadsar Pass
- Altitude: (12,000ft) to (12,000ft) via (13,750ft)
- 14 km trek, approx 10 hours
- We start the trek earlier than usual.
- The trail passes from Vishansar to Gadsar, via Gadsar pass the highest point of the trek.
- From Vishansar, the trail takes a steep ascent till Gadsar Pass.
- We can view beautiful Kishansar Lake on the way.
- From the Gadsar pass till the campsite, we descend gradually.
- We can spot the Gadsar lake en route.
- You might also spot the Glacier of Gadsar Lake.
- After the Gadsar lake, we will reach the campsite in 2 hours.
- Just a few minutes before our campsite, we will have another army checkpoint and we will have to share our ID proofs with them.
- Pack lunch will be provided
Day 6:- Gadsar to Satsar
- Altitude: 12,000 ft to 12,000 ft
- 9 km trek, approx 6 hours trek
- Mid-July to Mid-August, the trail is laden in vibrant flowers.
- We need to share our IDs at another army check post en route.
- Moving on, we see two small lakes which are often mistaken as Satsar Lakes.
- We will visit the Satsar twin lakes, in the afternoon, which are approx 1.3 h
- Stasar twin lakes are also known as mengen top.
- Those twin lakes are between the middle of the mountain.
Day 7:- Satsar to Gangabal twin lakes via Zaj Pass
- Altitude: 12,000 ft to 11,500 ft 13000
- 11 km trek, approx 6 hours
- We walk on rocky paths for approx an hour and ascend till Jazz Pass.
- At the pass, you can enjoy views of the 4 lakes, Mt. Harmukh and its glacier.
- From the pass, we descend till the Gangbal lake and camp at Nandkol lake.
- We visit Gangbal Lake, which is one of the largest lakes in the trek.
- Post dinner, a team of Kashmiri staff will perform their traditional songs and dance.
Day 8:- Gangabal to Naranag Drive to Srinagar
- Altitude: 11,500 ft to 7,450 ft
- 15 km trek, approx 7 hours
- The trail is a descent till the last point of the trek – Naranag, so take care of your knees and ankles.
- The trail will pass through pine tree forests.
- On advance booking, TTH can arrange transport to Srinagar at a charge.
- After the 70 km drive, you will reach Srinagar by 6:30 pm.
* Please note that prepaid sim cards do not work in Kashmir.
Don’t forget your ID proof in original and 2 photocopies.
On Day 8, you’ll reach Srinagar between 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm. You can book your travel any time after 8 pm.