This trekking hotspot is situated in the village of Bhavagiri. One of the twelve Jytotirlingas of Lord Shiva in India, Bhimashankar has always been a special place. Dense forests, lofty peaks and a plethora of animal life characterise this beautiful getaway.
Bhimashankar Trek Details
Meeting point for this Khandas Bhimashankar Trek from Mumbai and Pune is Karjat Station. We will reach the base village, Khandas of Bhimashankar Trek from Karjat through private vehicles.
There are two Bhimashankar Trek routes from base village Khandas. We shall ascend through the Shidi route (Ladder route) and descend through Ganesh Ghat route. Shidi route is comparatively challenging to that of Ganesh Ghat.
So get ready to lose yourself in breathtaking landscapes, meandering trails passing through the dense forests, rocky patches and small streams cascading on the way makes the trek to Bhimashankar worth the effort.
Meeting Point For Mumbai People: Saturday Morning
We will be starting with the second karjat slow local
People may board the same Karjat train from the station of their convenience and meet organisers in the train directly
Meeting point For Pune people: Saturday Morning
Karjat Station at 8:05AM at west side ticket counter.
Reach Base Village Khandas by Private Vehicle at 9.30am and have breakfast
Start the Trek by 10.30am
Lunch en route
Reach Top by 3 pm
Visit Gupt Bhimashankar; Dinner and Stay
Visit Lord Shiva’s temple.
Start Descend by Ganesh Ghat.
Reach Base Village Khandas.
Lunch at Khandas.
Reach Karjat by Public Transport
Reach Mumbai by 9.00 pm approx
Things to Carry
Approximate list of things to carry for Khandas Bhimashankar Trek from Karjat
• Identity Proof
• A bottle of water (Minimum 2 Ltrs),
• Sleeping bed
• Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
• A good trekking shoes
• Some ready to eat food
• Plum cakes
• Biscuits etc.
• Pleases do not carry sling bags
• Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
• Lunch for Saturday
Traveling from Karjat till Karjat, Overnight stay,
Saturday Morning Breakfast, Evening Refreshment, Dinner and Sunday Morning Breakfast, Lunch, Expertise.
Mineral water, Softdrinks etc.
Anything other than above-mentioned inclusions
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- 100% refund if the event is cancelled by the organiser due to unavoidable circumstances
- 90% refund if cancellation is made more than 10 days prior to the date of departure date of the event.
- 40% refund if cancellation is made more than 4 days (96 Hrs) and less than 10 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- NO refund will be made if cancellation is made within 4 days (96 hrs) prior to the departure date of the event.