Home Leisure Trips
The Kkoot Experience: Winter in the Himalaya
The Kkoot Experience: Winter in the Himalaya
Duration: 1 Night 2 Days
Start and End Point: Haripur
Come to a different world as you arrive at a frosted, white Manali landscape. Hike amongst the high mountains clad in snow and explore the tiny and charming village of Soil. Said to be the oldest village in the Kullu valley, set beside a chilly glacial stream renowned for its trout. Spend the night in an orchard by the stream at the edge of snowbound forests and you will really love and appreciate the cup of coffee you have the next morning. Chill in the quiet and peace of the jungles of the misty Pir Panjal range.
You stay in a picture perfect Himalayan village cottage by a stream at the edge of thick forest covered with Himalayan flora and fauna in abundance with all basic modern amenities and really get in sync with nature. Get your adrenaline fix while paragliding in the Kullu valley and heart-pounding white water rafting in the mighty River Beas. There is something for everyone in this lovely holiday experience apart from the best memories that all will take away
Day 01: Arrive in Manali – Golden Meadow snow hike to the Kkoott – 3 hrs
- The guests will arrive in Manali and reach the Base – Mountaineers’ in Haripur.
- After refreshments, get on the golden meadow snow trail.
- Enjoy this wonderland of white and green colours as we begin our hike on a snowbound trail to the Kkoott.
- After a short pleasant and invigorating hike, we will reach the end of the trail at the Kkoott and have lunch in this white wonderland.
- Chill overnight in the wilderness with snow on all sides and enjoy some unadulterated peace and quiet, even if it is for a night.
- It is a Himalayan Jungle retreat set in the jungles of an ancient village. Pitch the luxury tents in the meadow here and enjoy a surreal camping experience.
- Enjoy the freshly cooked vegetarian meal and collect firewood. Indulge in some angling and chill around a bonfire and BBQ before retiring for the night.
- We will stay in luxury hiking tents for a great camping experience.
- If it snows then we will stay in a picture perfect beautiful solitary village cottage in an orchard at the edge of the forest.
Day 02: Checkout from Kkoott (Jungle camping site) & downhill hike to Haripur – 2 Hrs
- Wake up to the chilly charming morning life of a village set in a thick jungle if you are camping at Kkoott.
- After early breakfast, we will start our hike back to civilization. The trip ends here.
- Time to soar the winds and fly high. Go for an absolutely safe high flying experience with our professional pilots.
- Paragliding and White Water rafting at the special discount (depending on weather conditions).
- you can go on an exploration of Manali town. We’ll be happy to provide a guide.
- Later board the bus from the Manali bus stand/Patlikuhl bus stand.
- Identity Cards with Xerox and Passport Size Photographs (at least 4)
- Medical Certificate: You can download the format from below document and the same needs to be given to Base Camp to Trek Leader while Registration.
- Disclaimers: You can download the format from below document and the same needs to be given to Base Camp to Trek Leader while Registration.
- Leave No TraceDocument: You can download the format from below document and the same needs to be given to Base Camp to Trek Leader while Registration.
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 km from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek.
- All guests are welcome to stay with compliments at Mountaineers Base in Haripur, Manali in rooms on sharing basis. Unwind, relax, go paragliding, rafting or angling and later interact with the team over BBQ and bonfire before commencing the trek next morning and also on the day of return.
- Stay in Manali can be upgraded to 4-5* hotel/ cottage on prior notice. Stay and meals cost as applicable.
- If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhal bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
- Meals and refreshments beginning from first day breakfast to second day lunch
- Services of experienced lead guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helpers
- All the Camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- Transportation during the trip (as per actual)
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- All meals during travel, in restaurants/dhabas.
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- Transport charges to rafting/paragliding point at actual.
- Personal porterage @INR. 500 per day per 10 kg bag, in case trekkers need porter/pony
- Paragliding, rafting, angling, snappling.
- We understand life can be unpredictable at times, and that plans can change, that’s why we are pretty flexible about cancellations.
- For last minute emergencies, we offer future trip credits on a case by case basis. Please talk to us before you cancel any trip with us.
- From confirmation up to 30 days prior to departure – 10% of the total amount payable would be charged.
- Between 15 – 29 days – 50% would be refunded
- Less than 15 days prior to departure: no refund.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases, we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same
1 Night 2 Days