It’s time to walk barefoot on the beach again. It’s time for a leisurely weekend at Pondy!
About the destination:
Pondicherry is a French colonized town located on the East coast. The town was the French settlement for more than 350 years, and the breeze of the French history is still felt in the streets of Pondicherry. The colonial architecture with tall Yellow painted buildings & beautiful streets will pose for good pictures of your camera. The beautiful beaches, the French-Italian-Tamil cuisines, good French bakeries, shopping, and some good drinks are the trend that makes people enjoy the complete experience in Pondicherry.
|Slots||Up to 20|
|Stay||At our beautiful home-stay on sharing basis (Non AC)|
|Travel||A tempo traveler or Bus (Non AC)|
|Dec 30th Monday 10 PM|
|Jan 2nd Thursday 5 AM|
|1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner included|
|Pick up spots||Tin Factory, Indiranagar 100 ft Road, Koramangala Sony World, Silk Board, Electronic City toll|
|Things to carry||Will be updated in our WhatsApp group to all registered folks|
Per Person – 5949/- ONLY
- Stay at our lovely home-stay
- Experience New Year buzz in Pondy
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- An expert guide for the heritage walk of French colony & Auroville
- Experience all places mentioned in the schedule
- Organizer from MT to look after all activities & entertainment!
Sunday food and any misc/personal expenses that are not mentioned in inclusions above.
Here we go, the schedule:
- Day 0 (Monday):
- Start from Bangalore around 10 PM!
- Day 1 ( Dec 31st Tuesday):
- Reach Pondy by 6 AM in the morning and have a welcome walk at Beach Promenade and a brief intro about the history and present Pondicherry. The fresh Sunlight and breeze from the sea give you a warm welcome to the French town.
- Check into the home-stay, freshen up, have a nice breakfast
- Explore the French colony on foot. Experience the culture, visit the monuments, museum, churches, a school all French style, have lunch & visit Aurobindo ashram!
- Head to the lighthouse of Pondicherry that clearly portrays the beach, French colony and other parts of Pondicherry from the altitude of 100 ft tower. Viewing the town from the tallest tower will give you a memorable experience. Play on the light-house beach, hear to the beach waves, walk barefoot & play Frisbee maybe!?!
- Head back to the home-stay, refresh & take a stroll on the colorful Auroville streets toll night
- Get set for the New Year party!
- Note: Pondicherry is famous for its imported liquors from various parts of the world
- Day 2 (New Year Wednesday):
- Start the day with an awesome French breakfast. Enjoy delicacies like Buttery white bread with French toast, croissants, Eggs Benedict, & freshly brewed coffee & tea!
- Shop shop shop! Pondy is an awesome shopping destination. The clothes, chocolates, souvenirs, leather items…what not! Event the village Auroville has it’s unique handmade souvenirs.
- Stopover for Lunch at Tanto restaurant – a perfect place to taste the exotic Italian foods such a firewood pizza, Lasagna and grilled fish. And their special juices which have no sugar and no water.
- Enjoy the glittering evening at the Rock beach & spend a leisurely time looking at the waves. For the street food lovers, things like spicy macaroni, chocolate café, famous mutton samosa, and freezing gelato are the actual treat for taste buds!
- And finally, say “Au revoir” (goodbye) to Pondicherry and head back to Bangalore!! Reach home by 5 AM in the morning
- Reach home by 5 AM in the morning