Type: Hill fort
Height: 1440 ft
Base Village: Karnala Bird Sanctury
Karnala fort Information: Karnala fort is surrounded by a forest which is also famous for bird sanctuary. There is thumb like basalt rock structure standing tall on mountain is nothing but the Karnala fort visible from the Mumbai Goa Highway. There are many routes to reach top but one with the entry gate is more famous and frequently used by trekkers. There are no local vendors or any stalls on top due to forest rules and regulations.
07.00 am: Meeting at Panvel railway station and move towards Karnala
08.00 am: Reach to karnala base, enter the forest after round of introduction
08.30 am: Breakfast and bird watching
09.00 am: Start trek towards Karnala fort
12.15 pm: Reach to top of Karnala fort and photo session and start descending
02.30 pm: Lunch break and relaxation
03.00 pm: Start our journey towards Panvel
04.00 pm: Reach Panvel station
Things To Carry:
● At least 2 ltrs of drinking water
● Photo ID card
● Good trekking or sport shoes (Compulsory)
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of clothes (if required)
● Any personal medicine
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous “honeybee attack” where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
● Leader’s decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
● Panvel to Panvel transport
● Forest entry Fees
● Trek expertise
● Anything that not mentioned in inclusions & GST
Cancellation and refund applicable on the tour cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.