Nagarhole park is located in Kodagu district and Mysore district in Karnataka, India. Since it is one among India’s premier Tiger Reserves along side the adjoining Bandipur Tiger Reserve.
It is declared as the 37th Tiger project. Therefore it is part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. The Western Ghats Nilgiri Sub-Cluster of 6,000 km, including all of Nagarhole park but is under consideration by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee for selection as a World Heritage Site.
The park ranges the foothills of the Western Ghats spreading down the Brahmagiri hills and south towards Kerala state. It lies between the latitudes 12°15’37.69″N and longitudes 76°17’34.4″E. In the north-west of Bandipur park, the park covers 643 km. Kabini reservoir divided the two parks. The park has the elevations ranging from 687 to 960 m. It is 50 km from the most city of Mysore and 220 km from the Karnataka capital of Bengaluru. Together with the adjoining Bandipur park 870 km, Mudumalai park 320 km and Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary 344 km, it forms the foremost important protected area in Southern India, totalling 2,183 km.
The park has got its name from naga which means snake and hole, pertaining to streams. The park was an exclusive hunting reserve of the kings of the Wodeyar dynasty but the previous rulers of the dominion of Mysore.
The town is that the second largest within the Nilgiri Hills after Ooty, the district headquarters. Coonoor has Hindus, Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Others. 0.05% of the respondents follow no religion or didn’t state their religion.Since the Coonoor town is widely divided into two geographies, they are Lower Coonoor and Upper Coonoor. Lower Coonoor hosts the most bus terminal because the railroad station as also the bustling market complex. Locations like UPASI, Bedford, and Sim’s Park belongs to upper coonoor.
Day 1: Start at 6 AM from Bangalore – Travel to Ooty & Ooty Sightseeing
- Kamaraj Sagar / Sandynalla Reservoir & Pine Forest
- Wenlock Downs
- Pykara Dam & Reservoir
- Pykara Falls
Day 2: Start at 9 AM – Ooty Sightseeing
- Ooty Lake & Boat Club
- Rose Garden
- Botanical Gardens
- Tea Factory & Museum
- Dodabetta Peak
Day 3: Start at 7 AM – Ooty Sightseeing
- Avalanche Lake / Sanctuary
- Emerald Lake
Day 4: Start at 8 AM – Travel to Coorg & Coorg Sightseeing
- Abbey Falls
- Madikeri Fort
- Omkareswara Temple
- Raja’s Seat
Day 5: Start at 8 AM – Visit Talacauvery & Nagarhole
- Dubare Elephant Camp
- Cauvery Nisargadhama
- Golden Temple / Tibetan Monastery – Bylakuppe
Day 6: Start at 8 AM – Coorg Sightseeing & Travel to Bangalore
- Talacauvery / Talakaveri
- Nagarhole National Park
Reach Bangalore by around 10 PM
- Standard Hotel check-in time is usually between 12 PM – 2 PM & check-out time is between 10 AM to 12 PM. Early check-in is subject to availability & hotel may charge extra (not included in the tour price). In case of late check-in, please inform the hotel about your arrival time.
- In case you arrive before check-in time & free rooms are unavailable, you can fresh-up in hotel washroom and proceed with sightseeing until your check-in time.
- Customers should be ready for sightseeing at Start Time mentioned in the itinerary in order to cover all the places in itinerary. Sightseeing can’t extend beyond 7 PM and any places missed can’t be covered on following day.
- Sightseeing is limited to the places mentioned in the itinerary. If time permits, you may visit additional places (not mentioned in itinerary) by paying for extra kilo-meters to the cab driver.
- In case of natural disasters or cab strike, your tour may be cancelled by weekendthrill.com and 100% of your booking amount will be refunded
- In extreme cases, your tour may be cancelled by weekendthrill.com for unavoidable reasons (within 24 hours of booking) and 100% of your booking amount will be refunded
- In rare cases, the primary hotel mentioned in the tour page may be unavailable. You will be offered alternate accommodation in the same or higher category. If you are not satisfied with alternate hotel, you may choose to cancel the tour (100% of booking amount will be refunded).
- Hotel rooms are provided on twin sharing basis. In case of 3 adults or child above 5 years, 3-sharing room or Room with extra bed/mattress will be provided
- Wherever room category is not mentioned in the quote / website, Base category room will be provided
- Hotel may deny check-in for unmarried couple and no refund will be issued in such cases
- Please check weekly off days for sightseeing places. Also, few places may be closed due to heavy rains / maintenance without prior intimation & we have no control on such incidents. Wherever possible, alternate sightseeing may be arranged in such cases.
- Entry Fees & Activity Fees may change without any intimation and we have no control on the same. All fees mentioned in our website are for Indian nationals.
- Any special requests like English/Hindi driver is based on availability and can’t be guaranteed
- Any issues encountered during the trip need to be resolved with Tour Manager immediately during the trip. Issues can’t be addressed after completion of the trip.
- weekendthrill.com liability is limited to providing cab & hotel. Sightseeing is complementary and it carries no liability. While we try our best to cover all places in the itinerary, no refund will be issued for sightseeing missed during the trip.
- Any service issues related to Vehicle & Accommodation need to be resolved with the service provider directly, while weekendthrill.com can help facilitate the communication
- Vehicles Provided (all vehicles are A/C only) : Hatchback – Indica V2, Swift, Ritz, similar; Sedan – Dzire, Etios, Fiesta, Xcent, Amaze, similar; SUV – Innova, Xylo, or similar
- All Hotels are booked in the name of Primary Traveler mentioned at the time of booking. Any change in guest name is considered as tour canceled and rebooked – cancellation charges apply & hotels based on availability. Valid ID & Address proof need to be carried for all guests including children.
- On Christmas (Dec 25th) & New Year (Dec 31st), Hotel may charge extra amount for Mandatory gala night dinner from guests (directly payable at hotel – not included in the package cost)
- Cab & Driver details will be provided 12 hours before the Trip Start Time
- In case the cab arrival is delayed on Day 1, you can extend the trip end time on last day up to the duration the cab pickup is delayed.
2 star – Garden Manor/ similar
3 star – Delightz Inn/ similar
4 star – Fern Hill – A Sterling Holiday Resorts/ similar
2 star – Hotel Madikeri Heritage/similar
3 star – Hotel Le Coorg / Homestay in Coffee Estate/similar
4 star – Paddington Resort/similar
- Accommodation in selected category hotel (NA for Day Trips)
- Breakfast, except on Check-in Date (NA for Day Trips & Govt Properties)
- Sightseeing as per Itinerary by Private Cab
- Parking & Toll Charges
- Driver Allowance
- Inter-state Entry Tax, if applicable
- Ferry Tickets & Airport Transfers (for Andamans)
- Pickup & Drop from Your Origin City (Optional)
- Total fare includes GST
- Lunch, Dinner, Snacks & Beverages
- Entry Fees & Local Guide Charges
- Activity Fees
- Hotel Early Check-in / Late Check-out Charges, if applicable
- Other items not mentioned in Inclusions
Optionals (arranged on request at additional cost)
- Homestays / Resorts / Choice of Hotels
- Tour guide (for selected destinations)
- Honeymoon decoration, cake, candle light dinner (for selected destinations)
- Airport Pickup & Drop (select from Additional Options while calculating price)
- Visa assistance (for selected International destinations)
- Travel insurance