Ooty Kodaikanal Package. Kodaikanal is within the state of Tamil Nadu. It is a city within the hills of the Dindigul district , India. “The Gift of the Forest” is the meaning in Tamil. Kodaikanal is also known as prince of hill station and is a popular tourism destination.
Boating in Kodaikanal Lake
In 1845 Kodaikanal was established from the high temperatures. Hospitality industry serving tourism are the main source for this place. As of 2011, the town had a population of 36,501.
Main article: History of Kodaikanal Etymology
The Kodaikanal word is a combination of two words: kodai and kanal. The Tamil language features a minimum of 4 possible interpretations of the name Kodaikanal. By pronouncing the first syllable of Kodaikanal with an extended Tamil ‘O’, as in koe-dei. It means “summer”, whilst the last word two syllables kanal can mean “to see”, it is a place to visit in summer”.
BOATING IN KODAIKANAL
In tamil Kanal means thick or closed forest. during this case, Kodai can have a minimum of 4 meanings. Kodai means the end. Kodaikanal means end of the forest. It is located at the crown of the Palani Hills and is effectively surrounded and guarded by thick forests.
It means “creepers” or vines by pronouncing Kodai with the short Tamil ‘o’ (as in Kodi). Kodaikanal also means “forest of creepers” or the forest of vines. Since, It would be interpreted to mean “gift”, rendering “Kodaikanal” as “gift of the forest”. By pronouncing Kodai with a quick Tamil ‘o’, and an extended ‘e’. Keeping the short Tamil ‘o’ but adding an extended ‘a’, Kodai could be understood. Because the Tamil word for umbrella. Kodaikanal acts as a forest fashioned kind of a protecting umbrella.
valli is another Tamil word for creeper or vine. The honey collecting daughter of the chief of the Veddas mountain tribe. When the chief and his wife prayed to mountain god, their prayers were answered. The chief found a newborn girl child during a campaign. she found among creeper plants, they named her Valli and she or he or he grew up as princess of the tribe in Kurinji and became the consort of lord Murugan.
- Standard Hotel check-in time is usually between 12 PM – 2 PM & check-out time is between 10 AM to 12 PM. Early check-in is subject to availability & hotel may charge extra (not included in the tour price). In case of late check-in, please inform the hotel about your arrival time.
- In case you arrive before check-in time & free rooms are unavailable, you can fresh-up in hotel washroom and proceed with sightseeing until your check-in time.
- Customers should be ready for sightseeing at Start Time mentioned in the itinerary in order to cover all the places in itinerary. Sightseeing can’t extend beyond 7 PM and any places missed can’t be covered on following day.
- Sightseeing is limited to the places mentioned in the itinerary. If time permits, you may visit additional places (not mentioned in itinerary) by paying for extra kilo-meters to the cab driver.
- In case of natural disasters or cab strike, your tour may be cancelled by weekendthrill.com and 100% of your booking amount will be refunded
- In extreme cases, your tour may be cancelled by weekendthrill.com for unavoidable reasons (within 24 hours of booking) and 100% of your booking amount will be refunded
- In rare cases, the primary hotel mentioned in the tour page may be unavailable. You will be offered alternate accommodation in the same or higher category. If you are not satisfied with alternate hotel, you may choose to cancel the tour (100% of booking amount will be refunded).
- Hotel rooms are provided on twin sharing basis. In case of 3 adults or child above 5 years, 3-sharing room or Room with extra bed/mattress will be provided
- Wherever room category is not mentioned in the quote / website, Base category room will be provided
- Hotel may deny check-in for unmarried couple and no refund will be issued in such cases
- Please check weekly off days for sightseeing places. Also, few places may be closed due to heavy rains / maintenance without prior intimation & we have no control on such incidents. Wherever possible, alternate sightseeing may be arranged in such cases.
- Entry Fees & Activity Fees may change without any intimation and we have no control on the same. All fees mentioned in our website are for Indian nationals.
- Any special requests like English/Hindi driver is based on availability and can’t be guaranteed
- Any issues encountered during the trip need to be resolved with Tour Manager immediately during the trip. Issues can’t be addressed after completion of the trip.
- weekendthrill.com liability is limited to providing cab & hotel. Sightseeing is complementary and it carries no liability. While we try our best to cover all places in the itinerary, no refund will be issued for sightseeing missed during the trip.
- Any service issues related to Vehicle & Accommodation need to be resolved with the service provider directly, while weekendthrill.com can help facilitate the communication
- Vehicles Provided (all vehicles are A/C only) : Hatchback – Indica V2, Swift, Ritz, similar; Sedan – Dzire, Etios, Fiesta, Xcent, Amaze, similar; SUV – Innova, Xylo, or similar
- All Hotels are booked in the name of Primary Traveler mentioned at the time of booking. Any change in guest name is considered as tour canceled and rebooked – cancellation charges apply & hotels based on availability. Valid ID & Address proof need to be carried for all guests including children.
- On Christmas (Dec 25th) & New Year (Dec 31st), Hotel may charge extra amount for Mandatory gala night dinner from guests (directly payable at hotel – not included in the package cost)
- Cab & Driver details will be provided 12 hours before the Trip Start Time
- In case the cab arrival is delayed on Day 1, you can extend the trip end time on last day up to the duration the cab pickup is delayed.
2 star – Garden Manor/ similar
3 star – Delightz Inn/ similar
4 star – Fern Hill – A Sterling Holiday Resorts/ similar
2 star – Hotel Le Grand/similar
3 star – Poppys Hotel/similar
4 star – Radisson Blu/similar
2 star – Hotel Grand Palace/similar
3 star – Holiday Home Resort/similar
4 star – Le Poshe by Sparsa/similar
- Accommodation in selected category hotel (NA for Day Trips)
- Breakfast, except on Check-in Date (NA for Day Trips & Govt Properties)
- Sightseeing as per Itinerary by Private Cab
- Parking & Toll Charges
- Driver Allowance
- Inter-state Entry Tax, if applicable
- Ferry Tickets & Airport Transfers (for Andamans)
- Pickup & Drop from Your Origin City (Optional)
- Total fare includes GST
- Lunch, Dinner, Snacks & Beverages
- Entry Fees & Local Guide Charges
- Activity Fees
- Hotel Early Check-in / Late Check-out Charges, if applicable
- Other items not mentioned in Inclusions
Optionals (arranged on request at additional cost)
- Homestays / Resorts / Choice of Hotels
- Tour guide (for selected destinations)
- Honeymoon decoration, cake, candle light dinner (for selected destinations)
- Airport Pickup & Drop (select from Additional Options while calculating price)
- Visa assistance (for selected International destinations)
- Travel insurance