Trip to Ooty
Enjoy trip to Ooty for 3 Days and explore mudumalai, coonoor and many other adventurous places. Udagamandalam and Ootacamund are other names for Ooty. It could even be a town and a municipality within the Nilgiris District of Tamil Nadu, the indian state. Ooty is located around 86 km north of Coimbatore and 128 km in south of Mysore but It is the headquarters of the Nilgiris district. It is a most liked hill station located within the Nilgiri Hills. Local Residents call it Blue Hills.
Originally occupied by the Toda people, since the world came under the rule of the Malay Archipelago Company at the top of the 18th century. Tourism and agriculture is the main thing in Ooty. Town is through the Nilgiri Mountain Railway and Nilgiri ghat roads. Its natural environment attracts tourists because it’s a well-liked summer destination. The town had a population of 88,430 in 2011
There are 3 important ports of forest in the sanctuary. They are tropical moist deciduous occur but within the western Benne Block, where rainfall is above within the other blocks. Tropical dry deciduous forest occurs within the middle and southern tropical dry thorn forests are within the east. In addition there are patches of tropical semi-evergreen forest within the southwest and western a part of Mudumalai. Climbers like sneeze wort (Dregea volubilis), Gnetum ula and Entada scandens also are found.
we can find a moist bamboo brakes in amidst dry deciduous, semi-evergreen forests and moist deciduous along the fringes of riparian forests and swamps. In Mudumalai, the two species of bamboo are found. They are enormous clumping bamboos: Bambusa (arundinacea) and Dendrocalamus strictus. Elephants and gaur eat both species of bamboo. In all parts of forest, we can see green strip of forest along the shore of dry seasonal and perennial streams. This type of forest remains green altogether seasons. Plant varieties like mango , Indian beech , Terminalia arjuna, Syzygium cumini, Indian blackwood Indian blackwood and therefore the bamboos.
Day 1: Start at 10 AM from Ooty and visit following places
- Ooty Lake & Boat Club
- Rose Garden
- Botanical Gardens
- Tea Factory & Museum
- Dodabetta Peak
Day 2: Start at 8.30 AM and visit following places
- Kamaraj Sagar / Sandynalla Reservoir & Pine Forest
- Wenlock Downs
- Pykara Dam & Reservoir
- Pykara Falls
- Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary
Day 3: Start at 9 AM and visit following places
- Ketti Valley Viewpoint
- Sim’s Park
- Lamb’s Rock
- Dolphin’s Nose
- Standard Hotel check-in time is usually between 12 PM – 2 PM & check-out time is between 10 AM to 12 PM. Early check-in is subject to availability & hotel may charge extra (not included in the tour price). In case of late check-in, please inform the hotel about your arrival time.
- In case you arrive before check-in time & free rooms are unavailable, you can fresh-up in hotel washroom and proceed with sightseeing until your check-in time.
- Customers should be ready for sightseeing at Start Time mentioned in the itinerary in order to cover all the places in itinerary. Sightseeing can’t extend beyond 7 PM and any places missed can’t be covered on following day.
- Sightseeing is limited to the places mentioned in the itinerary. If time permits, you may visit additional places (not mentioned in itinerary) by paying for extra kilo-meters to the cab driver.
- In case of natural disasters or cab strike, your tour may be cancelled by weekendthrill.com and 100% of your booking amount will be refunded
- In extreme cases, your tour may be cancelled by weekendthrill.com for unavoidable reasons (within 24 hours of booking) and 100% of your booking amount will be refunded
- In rare cases, the primary hotel mentioned in the tour page may be unavailable. You will be offered alternate accommodation in the same or higher category. If you are not satisfied with alternate hotel, you may choose to cancel the tour (100% of booking amount will be refunded).
- Hotel rooms are provided on twin sharing basis. In case of 3 adults or child above 5 years, 3-sharing room or Room with extra bed/mattress will be provided
- Wherever room category is not mentioned in the quote / website, Base category room will be provided
- Hotel may deny check-in for unmarried couple and no refund will be issued in such cases
- Please check weekly off days for sightseeing places. Also, few places may be closed due to heavy rains / maintenance without prior intimation & we have no control on such incidents. Wherever possible, alternate sightseeing may be arranged in such cases.
- Entry Fees & Activity Fees may change without any intimation and we have no control on the same. All fees mentioned in our website are for Indian nationals.
- Any special requests like English/Hindi driver is based on availability and can’t be guaranteed
- Any issues encountered during the trip need to be resolved with Tour Manager immediately during the trip. Issues can’t be addressed after completion of the trip.
- weekendthrill.com liability is limited to providing cab & hotel. Sightseeing is complementary and it carries no liability. While we try our best to cover all places in the itinerary, no refund will be issued for sightseeing missed during the trip.
- Any service issues related to Vehicle & Accommodation need to be resolved with the service provider directly, while weekendthrill.com can help facilitate the communication
- Vehicles Provided (all vehicles are A/C only) : Hatchback – Indica V2, Swift, Ritz, similar; Sedan – Dzire, Etios, Fiesta, Xcent, Amaze, similar; SUV – Innova, Xylo, or similar
- All Hotels are booked in the name of Primary Traveler mentioned at the time of booking. Any change in guest name is considered as tour canceled and rebooked – cancellation charges apply & hotels based on availability. Valid ID & Address proof need to be carried for all guests including children.
- On Christmas (Dec 25th) & New Year (Dec 31st), Hotel may charge extra amount for Mandatory gala night dinner from guests (directly payable at hotel – not included in the package cost)
- Cab & Driver details will be provided 12 hours before the Trip Start Time
- In case the cab arrival is delayed on Day 1, you can extend the trip end time on last day up to the duration the cab pickup is delayed.
2 star – Garden Manor/ similar
3 star – Delightz Inn/ similar
4 star – Fern Hill – A Sterling Holiday Resorts/ similar
- Accommodation in selected category hotel (NA for Day Trips)
- Breakfast, except on Check-in Date (NA for Day Trips & Govt Properties)
- Sightseeing as per Itinerary by Private Cab
- Parking & Toll Charges
- Driver Allowance
- Inter-state Entry Tax, if applicable
- Ferry Tickets & Airport Transfers (for Andamans)
- Pickup & Drop from Your Origin City (Optional)
- Total fare includes GST
- Lunch, Dinner, Snacks & Beverages
- Entry Fees & Local Guide Charges
- Activity Fees
- Hotel Early Check-in / Late Check-out Charges, if applicable
- Other items not mentioned in Inclusions
Optionals (arranged on request at additional cost)
- Homestays / Resorts / Choice of Hotels
- Tour guide (for selected destinations)
- Honeymoon decoration, cake, candle light dinner (for selected destinations)
- Airport Pickup & Drop (select from Additional Options while calculating price)
- Visa assistance (for selected International destinations)
- Travel insurance