Home Please Select City Mumbai
Overnight Camping near Duke’s Nose
Overnight Camping near Duke’s Nose
Scheduled Date: 5th – 6th November, 2016
Campsite: Dome shape tented accommodation.
Reporting Time and Place: 05 November by sharp 5.30 pm at Kurawande village.
Walking Time (estimated): 45 Minutes to reach the Top of Dukes Nose
Difficulty Level: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Nagphani, later known as Dukes Nose after Duke Wellington, is a cliff at Khandala near Lonavala. The Cliff is pointed like a snakes pointed head portion (hood) and hence the name Nagphani (Nag means snake and phani means hood). The name Dukes nose is derived as the cliff looked like the shape of the Duke. This is a marvelous trekking spot nearby Lonavala. One Hour walk takes you to the top of Duke’s nose. Valley crossing from Dukes Nose to Duchess Nose is a great fun due to roaring winds, Foggy atmosphere & of course Deep Valley. Dukes Nose Camping gives some of the best views.
And at such a beautiful Place, overnight stay would be really amazing. So what are you waiting for? Plan a trip to Lonavla and experience the overnight stay with fun and adventure.
- 05. 30 PM: Give attendance to team explorers at base village.
- 05.45 PM: Have welcome drink. Introduction session.
- 06.30 PM: Tent allotment. Time for leisure.
- 07.00 PM: Enjoy barbeque, Light music & So much fun…(barbeque veg. & Non veg. Limited for 1½ hour)
- 09.00 PM: Have dinner (Veg. & Non Veg. unlimited)
- 10.00 PM: Campfire, Antakshari…
- 11.00 PM: Light Off
- 07.00 AM: Wake up call. Get fresh.
- 08.00 AM: Morning tea and breakfast.
- 09.00 AM: Start trek to Duke’s Nose.
- 10.00 AM: Reach top of Duke’s Nose. Enjoy the picturesque view from the top.
- 11.00 AM: Descend back to base village.
- 12.30 PM: Have lunch at Base Village
- 02.00 PM: Start return journey with happy memories.
- 04.00 PM: Reach your Destinstion.
Things to Carry:
- A Good Quality of Rucksack suitable for One day Trek with all inside Luggage packed in a Plastic Bag.
- Sufficient Lunch. (Nothing will be available throughout the Trek)
- Time pass Food like Biscuits, Chips etc. (Keep Garbage in your Bag)
- Minimum3 Ltr. Water Bottles. (Water is not available on Dukes Nose.)
- Extra Dress in a plastic Bag.
- Rainproof / Sun Cap / Warm Wear as per Season.
- Napkin / Towel
- Glucon – D OR Electrol – Optional
- Shoes Compulsory in a Good Condition while trekking.
- Dress Code: T-shirt, Flexible Track pant. (HALF PANT NOT ALLOWED.)
- Any type of addictions like tobacco, Liquor, etc is strictly not allowed.
- Personal Medicines, if any.
* This is just a reminder list of what to Bring. You can bring other things as per the Need.
General Tips for Happy Trekking
- Don’t keep valuable things while trekking.
- Use plastic carry bags to save your mobile & Wallet.
- Avoid Jean pant for inconvenience in Walking / Climbing.
- Always keep your Original Photo ID with you.
- Follow all the Instructions given by Team Explorers.
- Don’t expect similiar food quality of your home town. Try local food to have some different experience.
- Respect the Local Religion & Traditions.
- While taking photographs don’t click photo’s of local people without their permission.
- Keep Healthy environment & helpful nature while Trekking & at the time of Activity.
- Don’t keep anything like mobile, Wallet, Gold ornaments at the time of Adventure Activity.
- Make New friends & share your thoughts in a Group.
- Day 1 – Evening Tea, Barbeque (Veg. Non Veg.- Limited for 1½ hour),
Dinner (Veg. & Non Veg. Unlimited)
- Day 2 – Tea & Breakfast (Limited).
Lunch – (Pure Veg. – Unlimited)
- Experts Team
- Mineral Water during Camping period.
- Dome shape Tents on Multiple Sharing Basis with Carry mats, Sleeping Bag & One Torch in Each Tent.
- First aid kit.
- Government Service Tax
- Cold drinks, Mineral water, etc.
- Private orders of Tea, Breakfast, Meals, etc.
- Personal expenses of any kind.
- Insurance Coverage.
- Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Fees Include“
Cancellation and Refund
- No refund is available for this event
- In case of cancellation of the event from the organizers, total amount will be refunded excluding the 2.5% payment gateway charges, within 5 working days from the event date