About Srinagar to Leh Road Trip
This 8 day Road trip from Srinagar to Leh covers most of the scenic roads across Srinagar, Kargil and in the heart of Leh. This road trip involving the mighty royal enfields and SUVs consists of
- 3 days road trip to Leh starting from Srinagar or Sonmarg
- 4 days drive in Leh and near by places like Khardung La, Nubra Valley and Pangong Tso
- 1 day to relax and depart from Leh
Srinagar to Leh Road Trip Package Cost
Srinagar Leh road trip package cost starts from Rs 20,500 per person depending on the ride option you select. There are four ride options for Srinagar Leh route
Ride Option 1: Own Vehicle ( Own Bike or Own SUV )
Package Cost – Rs 20,500 per person (Fuel is not included in the cost)
Ride Option 2: Rented Bike + Fuel ( Solo Ride )
Package Cost – Rs 47,500 per person
Bike Provided – Royal Enfied 350cc
Ride Option 3: Rented Bike + Fuel ( Twin Sharing Ride )
Package Cost – Rs 37,500 per person
Bike Provided – Royal Enfied 500cc
Ride Option 4: Single Seat in Organizer’s SUV
Package Cost – Rs 47,500 per person
Major Attractions Along Srinagar Leh Route
Srinagar – Sonmarg – Zozila Pass – Drass (kargil War Memorial) – Kargil – Mulbek – Namik La – Fotu La- Dha Hanu- Leh Ladakh – Hall of Fame- Megnetic Hill- Shanti stupa- Gurudwara Pathar Sahib- Khardung La- Nubra Valley –Bacteria Camel – Silk route- Diskit Monastery-agham shyok route- Changla La- Thiksay Monastery-Leh Palace- Rancho’s school of 3 Idiots- Pangong Tso lake- Leh
Day 1 : Srinagar/ Sonmarg:
Participants who are coming from other parts of country are required to reach Srinagar on day one to prepare for the trip and check other things. Explore Srinagar (Dal lake) and beautiful gardens and floating market. Enjoy evening by dal lake.Tips on how to ride will be given by Road Captain in evening.Enjoy Dinner and overnight stay in Hotel.
Note: Location can be changed to Sonmarg (which is 70 km from Srinagar) depending on the situation in Srinagar.
Day 2: – Srinagar/ Sonmarg – Kargil – 203 KM
Srinagar – Sonamarg – Zoji La – Drass – Kargil
Wake up early and start enjoy Breakfast. start journey toward Kargil. We will cross through sonmarg and Zozila pass today, very tough ride. will cross Drass , and Kargil war memorial. We will halt at Drass and pay homage to our War heroes at Karil War memorial, situated at Drass sector, Where 1999 war was fought.. Reach kargil by evening. Enjoy Dinner and overnight stay in Hotel.
Day 3: Kargil to Leh (211 km)
Khaltse – Lamayuru –Fotu-La- Nimmu
Wake up early and start journey after Breakfast. Today the ride will be smooth and beautiful roads, We will cross through Fotu La, Namki La, Lamayuru and Moonland. This route offer some breathtaking Landscapes. While after that we will cross magnetic Hill and gurudwara pathar saibh. The famous Hall of fame will also fall in this route. Reach Leh by evening. Enjoy Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
Day 4: – Leh
Day at leisure.Wake up late and after breakfast enjoy your day. Explore the main attractions in the city .On this day no need to rush you are free to explore Leh, visit markets and Gurudwara patthar sahib, magnetic hills, Hall of fame, Shanti stupa, Thiksey Monastery, Alchi Choskor Monastery, Likir Monastery,Leh Royal Palace, and local Tibetan market evening will be at leisure. Dinner will be served at Hotel. Enjoy your overnight stay.
Day 5: Leh – Khardung la – Nubra Valley (120 KM)
Start early morning after breakfast start journey to Khardung -La pass 18380 Ft. The highest motorable road in World. Further continue the journey toward Nubra Valley. Next halt will be at Siachen base Camp at North pullu. Enjoy the scenic beauty and reach hotel by evening .Dinner and overnight stay in Nubra with bonfire.
Day 6: Nubra Valley – Pangong Tso- (120 KM)
Enjoy the most yummy food in mid of no where. After breakfast we will go to sand dunes enjoy the bacteria camel ride and photo shoot at Diskit. This is the famous silk route. After some fun start journey toward pangong lake. The route is less travelled, but the most adventures one. Be ready to test your riding skill. Reach Pangong Lake by afternoon. The camps are the best place to stay in Pangong, enjoy the scenic beauty of most famous lake, the view from camp is majestic. Spend evening in Camps at lake. Enjoy dinner and overnight stay in camp.
Day 7: Pangong -Tso to Leh (140 km)
After breakfast we will go the famous point (3 Idiot) at Pangong lake, enjoy the photo shoot at the lake, Be ready with your cameras and phone to click pics.The view in morning will take your breath away. After some fun at lake, start journey toward to Leh, We will cross Chang La today another highest pass, be ready to witness fresh snowfall at this point, halt for Tea in mid. Start journey again and reach Leh by evening. Stay overnight in hotel. Dinner will be served in hotel only.
Day 8: Leh
Wake up and enjoy breakfast in morning. After that proceed further to your home destination. Tour concludes here. Today you conquered mountains, desert, lakes and yourself…
Things to Carry for Srinagar to Leh Ladakh Road Trip
Here is a list of essential things one should carry for a trip to Ladakh, While we can tell you the essential but kindly think of your requirements also. Families coming with kids should carry stuff you kids need. We feel a cross check of luggage with this list before leaving, would be helpful to many of us in reducing the chances of forgetting some small things while we go on a trip. This way we can enjoy the trip without worrying over the availability of some item
- Riding Gears are Mandatory for bike riders. (Compulsory for both Rider and pillion Rider).
- Full face helmets. Provided along with bike in case of rented bike
- Winter Biking Gloves, Knee Pads and Elbow Pads (Available on rental basis)
- Rain Coat
- Boots and Boots Cover / Gum Boots
- Itinerary Printout (at least 2)
- Two passport size photographs copy of passport and visa, copy of international drivers permit (For foreign National)
- At least 4 Copies of Photo ID proof for all members. (Pan Card is not Valid ID proof)
- Valid driving Licence in case you are driving/riding. (Pillion rider don’t need it)
- Bike / Car paper (In case you bringing your own bike/ Car)
- Mobile phone. BSNL number if possible. Otherwise Airtel post-paid also work most places. BSNL work in most of the terrains.
- Camera (Your choice)
- Mobile Charger & Powerbank.
- Pen and a small Diary,Bag locks (2 or more)
- Sunglasses – Recommended. Both for safety and style 🙂
- Recommended for remote areas – Small water bottle, say 500 ml
- Plastic Bags / Plastic Zip Lock Bags Twist-ties, safety pins
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Toilet Soap/ Hand sanitizer.
- Tissue papers and hand towel.
- Face wash and Deodorant ( you will need it if you want to skip bath)
- Moisturizing Cream and Talc powder.(A MUST FOR BIKE RIDERS)
- Sunscreen recommended.
- Lip Guard (very much needed)
- Comb, Shaving Kit and Cold Cream
Backpack (No suitcase or Trolley Bag Allowed)
- Best way to choose clothes is – Spread all your clothes you wanted to carry for trip on bed. Now remove 50% out as per priority. Now you got the best clothes. Avoid too much of clothes you will end up wearing half of it. But you will end up wasting lots of time in packing and unpacking while others will be enjoying outside
- 1 Towel
- 6 – 8 Pairs of socks (woollen)
- 1 pair of flip flops
- At least two light jackets
- Warm head cover, ear covers & Forehead covers (To avoid getting AMS in high altitude due to cold winds).
- 1 heavy woolen jacket
- Woollen hand gloves
- At least 2-3 pairs of thermal – Most useful thing. This way your bag comes down to half its size.
- Rain coat – A Must thing. Even if it’s not raining it will save you from cold winds, mud and water on roads.
- 2-3 Jeans/Track pants (If you want more comfort) and 5 to 6 T shirt.
• A grade accommodation on Twin sharing Basis
• All meals throughout the stay on MAPAI basis- Breakfast & Dinner
• Guided Tour with Planned Itinerary.
• Support back up vehicle, for emergency use and luggage transfer. (Strictly No suitcase/Trolley bags allowed only 1 backpack bag)
• Team Leader/ Road Captain & Support staff.
• Emergency Mobile number to stay in touch (In terrains where other mobile do not work)
• Certified Mechanic for breakdown service.
• All Permits & Permissions from Army.
• Bonfire at Nubra Valley (If weather permits).
• Basic First aid kit and Rescue arrangements.
• Oxygen Cylinder for emergency.
• T-shirt/ highlighter specially designed.(Please send your size)
• Stickers for Bike & Helmet & Cars.
• Photographs & Videos of the Trips – memories to cherish.
• Briefing by specialists on how to Travel.
• Like minded Friends & Unforgettable memory for the life!!
• All applicable taxes include.
• Any Expense incurred due to force majeure.
• Expenses of personal nature such as table drinks,Water bottle, snacks, telephone calls, laundry, camera fee for still or video camera, tips to drivers, local guides, and hotel staff.
• Any item not mentioned in the inclusions
Important Information :-
- People who choose with Bike+Fuel package have to pay security deposit of Rs. 10000/- Which is refundable when you handover the bike at the end of the trip.
- Trip schedule is subjected to change as per roads , weather and other unavoidable conditions so take a day or two in buffer.
- This is not an ordinary place its “Leh”. Only Team members have the right to take decision depending on above.
- Strictly No suitcase/Trolley bags are allowed only 1 backpack bag is allowed in Backup vehicle.
100% refund policy is there if the trip got cancelled or called off by us otherwise there is no refund of any kind.