Himachal Pradesh is a beautiful hill state situated in Northern India The state is also known as ‘Deva Bhoomi’ meaning the Land of Gods. Nestled in the Western Himalayas , the state is covered with immense natural beauty. Himachal is undoubtedly, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Himachal is a land of dances.
Shimla or Simla is the capital of Himachal Pradesh. The city derives its name from Shyamala Devi, an incarnation of goddess Kali.Shimla is located at an altitude of 2,202 metres and experiences a cold and chilly weather during winters. In the month of December, it also gets snowfall which is a major tourist attraction in this region. With a good number of scenic places, green hills, and snow-capped peaks, Shimla is blessed with immense natural splendour. It can be visited throughout the year as every season has something to offer to the visitors. While in summers, people can relish the walks and trekking along the scenic beauty of this place,in winters they can enjoy ice-skating and other sporting activities. However, the best time to visit Shimla is from April to August and from December to January.
How to Reach?
By Air: The Jubbarhatti airport is the nearest airport to the city, having direct flights from Delhi and Chandigarh. Taxi and cab services can be easily availed from the airport to reach the main town.
By Rail: Shimla is connected to Kalka by an amazing narrow gauge rail track. Kalka is connected to Delhi and Chandigarh with regular trains plying between the two stations. A toy train runs between Kalka and Shimla, which covers a distance of about 96 km in five to six hours.
By Road: The National Highway 22 connects Shimla to Chandigarh. One can take buses run by the state governments or private owners or can opt for a private/shared taxi to reach the town of Shimla.
Places to visit in Shimla:
Sightseeing: Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex, Scandal Point , Green Valley, Johnnie’s Wax Museum, Chadwick Falls
Religious Places: Jakhu Temple, Shimla Christ Church, Kali Bari Temple
Adventure: Jakho Hill, Shimla Heritage Walk
Places to Eat: Cafe Sol, Sitaram Chhole Bhature, Hide Out Cafe, Wake and Bake Cafe
Nearby Places Around Shimla:
Manali (248 km) Dharamshala ( 237 km)
Day 1: Arrival at Shimla:-
After arrival at Delhi, prepare for your transfer to Shimla. After arrival at Shimla check in to the Hotel and rest for a while. Visit Jakhu temple, Shimla christ church, Jhako hill which are some of the famous places in Shimla. Later, Dinner will be served at the hotel followed by an overnight stay.
Day 2: sightseeing at Shimla:-
Post breakfast, leave to visit Chadwick falls, Johnnie’s wax museum, Shimla heritage walk and end the day with a visit to Scandal Point. Enjoy the evening at your leisurely pace. Overnight stay will be provided at the hotel.
Day 3: Journey back to Delhi:-
After an early breakfast, begin your journey back towards Delhi. On Arrival at Delhi, you will be dropped at the Railway Station / Airport.
Our Shimla tour package is expertly curates and it covers all the places that you wish to visit.
- 02 Nights accommodation in Shimla
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis, 2 Adults in 01 Room
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Meal Plan – Breakfast and Dinner
- All applicable hotel taxes & Parking, Toll Tax, Green Tax and Driver Expenses
- Air fare / train fare
- Any expenses incurred due to Exigencies
- Monument /Camera fees and entry fees
- Any Adventure Activities Paragliding River rafting Skiing etc
- Any type of Local Transportation excluding the provided sightseeing as per the itinerary and any kind of local expense during stay in hotel
- Expenses of personal nature such as Volvo Baggage handling, tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc
- Any other item not specified in ‘cost includes’
- Guide & Entrance fees during sightseeing
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY:
- Airfare / Train fare / Cruise Fare / Ferry fare – 100% cancellation once ticket is issued.
- 10 Days prior to the Date of Travel or in case of No-show, 100% Retention is payable.
- 10 to 30 Days prior to the Date of Travel, 75% Retention is payable.
- 30-45 Days prior to Date of Travel, 50% Retention is payable.
- 45 Days or more, Service fee of 10% of Total Package Amount is payable.
- No Refunds in case of early check-out, Decrease in Number of Passengers, Not Consumed Meals.
- ROW Holidays applies exactly the same Hotel/Service provider’s Cancellation Policy and any Refunds applicable will be issued only after ROW Holidays has received the same from the Hotel/Airline/Service providers.