Home Fun and Adventure
Trekking And Camping In Manali
Trekking And Camping In Manali
Duration: 1 Night and 2 Days
Difficulty level: Easy
Max Altitude: 11,200 ft.
Manali is a hill town in Himachal Pradesh. Known for its picturesque scenery of snow-capped mountains and lush green valleys. Manali, with its cedar forests, dense woodlands and crispy cool mountain breeze, attracts a large number of travellers. Some of the most frequented tourist places are Hadimba Temple, Rohtang Pass, Vashist Hot Water Springs, Solang Valley and Beas River. The best time to go for Camping in Manali is from April to the mid of July, and from the mid of September to the first half of the October. As the place is located in the ranges of snow-clad mountains, it is recommended to visit it before the chilling winter breeze starts to flow in.
Read here about Top 15 Exciting High Altitude Treks in India. Also, check our other trekking trips for an amazing holiday-
Snow Trek To Chandrakhani Pass
Rupin Pass Trek in Himalaya
DETAILED ITINERARY FOR TREKKING AND CAMPING IN MANALI
Day 1: Assemble at Meeting Point and Drive to Setan and Trek to Khar Myundari
First of all we will assemble at our meeting point SBI ATM on Mall Road outside Government Bus Stand. We will then drive to Setan and start our trek to Khar Myundar and after reaching the camp we set up our Campsite and enjoy Camping in Manali. Overnight Manali Camping.
Day 2: Trek from Setan to Khar Myundari
After a sumptuous breakfast and morning exercise we trek downhill to Setan where our Jeep are waiting to drive back to Manali. The Manali trek is through thick forest of devdar and mostly downward so you required good trekking shoes.
Things to Carry for Trekking And Camping In Manali
- Backpack (Min 55 Ltrs)
- Floaters or Sandals: When you are at the camp they help to move freely.
- Trekking Shoes
- 3 Pair of Quick Dry Tees
- 2 Trekking Pants
- Poncho/Rain Jacket
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket
- 1 Full Sleeve Sweater or Fleece Jacket
- 1 Heavy Jacket (Down Jacket preferable)
- 1 Trekking Pole
- 2 Pair of good Thermals
- 3 Pair of Cotton Socks
- 2 Pair Woolen Socks
- Woolen Gloves
- Sun Cap
- 1 Scarf
- Light towel
- Lip Balm
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+)
- Water Bottle 1 Lt
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Personal Toilet Kit and toilet paper
- Personal Medicine Kit
- Dark Sunglasses
- CAMERA with huge memory card and fully charged with extra batteries
- Accommodation during Trek (Camping) on sharing basis.
- All veg meals during the Trek from day 1st lunch to day 4th breakfast
- All necessary fees and permits
- Transport as per the itinerary from Manali – Manali.
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced Guide and support staff
- Porter / Mule for carrying personal luggage
- Any Deviation or detour
- Cost Escalation due to natural reason
- Any expenses which in not mentioned in inclusions
Days before departure charge applicable as follows, per person:-
Up to 24 Days : 95% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Between 14-24 Days : 70% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Between 14-08 Days : 50% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Less than 7 Days : No refund
Please Note: Service Tax, Payment Gateway Charges etc will not be refunded in any case.
1 Night 2 Days