Vasota Fort (also called Vyaghragad) is located in Satara district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Shivaji Maharaj named the fort “Vyaghragad” (Vyaghra – means tiger), owing to its difficult natural defense. After Shivaji Maharaj, the brave Maratha Bajirao Peshwa carried on the Swarajya mission of ousting the Mughal invaders from our country. In 1818 however, British bombarded the fort with heavy artillery thereby destroying many buildings. It is said that this fort was built by Kolhapur Shilahara Raja Bhoja II (1178–1193). It was captured by Shivaji Maharaj in 1660. Vasota is the most popular Jungle trek in Maharashtra. Located deep within the Koyna Wild Life sanctuary, the only to reach the base of Vasota is by a boat from Tapola or Bamnoli. You will Surely enjoy the Trek & Camping in the Laps of Nature!!!!!!!!!!!!
11.15 pm: Gather at S. P. College Tilak Road. Give attendance to Team Explorers.
11.30pm: Depart for Bamnoli.
04.00 am: Reach Bamnoli. Stay in a Temple. Bring sufficient Bedding & Warm Wear.
07.00 am: Wake up call by Explorers. Fresh up immediately. Keep your Bedding in a bus.
07.45 am: Tea & Breakfast. After breakfast 1 Hour is required for completing the Legal Procedures to enter the Vasota.
09.00 am: Start a Memorable Journey towards Vasota by Boat.
10.30 am: Reach Base of Vasota “Met-Indawali”. Briefing, Do’s & Don’ts by Team Explorers.
10.45 am: Start a Trek towards Vasota. Beautiful climb in the Vicinity of Nature.
12.45 pm: Reach the Top. Explore Vasota with Explorers.
01.30 pm: Start Descending the Fort.
03.00 pm: Lunch at Base of Vasota in Open Jungle.
Please Carry Steel Plate, Bowl, Spoon, etc. Disposable Plates not allowed.
04.00 pm: Return journey towards Bamnoli by Boat.
05.30 pm: Reach Bamnoli. Evening Tea & Snacks
06.30 pm: Depart towards Pune with Happy Memories.
11.30 pm: Reach Pune at S. P. College, Tilak Road via same Route.
- Transport by Private Non AC High back Vehicle. (Pune – Bamnoli – Pune).
- RTO Permit, Toll & Parking Expenses.
- Food: Morning tea & Breakfast (Limited), Lunch (Pure Veg. Unlimited), Evening Tea & Snacks (Limited)
- Trek to Vasota with all Jungle Permissions.
- Boating Entry & Boat Club Charges.
- Jungle Entry Fees, etc.
- Expert Team of Explorers.
- First aid kit.
- Government Service Tax.
- Dinner on Sunday, Cold drinks, Mineral water, etc.
- Private orders of Tea, Breakfast, Meals, etc.
- Personal expenses of any kind.
- Camera Charges
- Any kind of Insurance Coverage.
- Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
- Any other charges not mentioned in “Fees Include”.
Following deductions will be made in case of Cancellation:
- 30 Days before the Date of Departure – 25% of Regular Charges.
- Within 30 Days but before 10 Days of the Date of Departure – 50% of Regular Charges.
- Within 10 Days but before the Date of Departure – NO REFUND
- For Airfare:It will be depending on Airlines Policy + Rs.500 per head as our Service Charges.
- For Train: As per Train rules + Rs.500 as our Service Charge.
- In case the participant(s) have booked air tickets / railway tickets / bus tickets or hired a taxi in for the tour (or its extension), through us, then the refund paid by the airline authorities / railway authorities / bus operator / taxi operator shall be forwarded to the participants after deducting the processing charges, in case of cancellation made for the tour by the participant or tour being cancelled by Explorers.