Home Please Select City Pune
Vasota Jungle Trek & Backwater Camping
Vasota Jungle Trek & Backwater Camping
Activity – Trekking, Camping
Duration – 2 Days
Vasota Fort (also called Vyaghragad) is located in Satara district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Shivaji Maharaj named the fort “Vyaghragad” (Vyaghra – means tiger), owing to its difficult natural defense. After Shivaji Maharaj, the brave Maratha Bajirao Peshwa carried on the Swarajya mission of ousting the Mughal invaders from our country. In 1818 however, British bombarded the Vasota fort with heavy artillery thereby destroying many buildings. It is said that Vasota fort was built by Kolhapur Shilahara Raja Bhoja II (1178–1193). Vasota Fort was captured by Shivaji Maharaj in 1660. Vasota is the most popular Jungle trek in Maharashtra. Located deep within the Koyna Wild Life sanctuary, the only to reach the base of Vasota is by a boat from Tapola or Bamnoli. You will Surely enjoy the Trek & Camping in the Laps of Nature!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 1 – 07th January
01.30 pm: Gather at SP College Tilak Road. After attendance depart for Vasota.
05.30 pm: Reach Bamnoli. Enjoy the Beautiful Tented Accommodation near Backwaters of Bamnoli.
06.00 pm: Evening Tea & Snacks. then Campfire with Light Music, Antakshari, Group Games, etc.
09.00 pm: Dinner at Bamnoli.
Day 2 – 08th January
07.00 am: Wake up call by Explorers. Fresh up immediately. Common Toilets are available at Bamnoli.
07.45 am: Tea & Breakfast. After breakfast 1 Hour is required for completing the Legal Procedures to enter the Vasota.
09.00 am: Start a Memorable Backwater Journey towards Vasota by Boat.
10.30 am: Reach Base of Vasota “Met-Indawali”. Briefing, Do’s & Don’ts by Team Explorers.
10.45 am: Start a Trek towards Vasota. Beautiful climb in the Vicinity of Nature.
12.45 am: Reach the Top. Explore Vasota with Explorers.
01.30 pm: Start Descending the Fort.
03.00 pm: Lunch at Base of Vasota in Open Jungle. Please Carry Steel Plate, Bowl, Spoon, etc. Disposable Plates not allowed.
04.30 pm: Return journey towards Bamnoli by Boat.
06.00 pm: Reach Bamnoli. Evening Tea & Snacks.
07.00 pm: Depart towards Pune with Happy Memories.
11.30 pm: Reach Pune at SP College Tilak Road. No Pick up & Drop other than Mentioned Route.
What to Bring?
- A Good Quality of Rucksack suitable for One day Trek with all inside Luggage packed in a Plastic Bag.
- Minimum 3 Ltr. Water Bottles.
- Extra Dress in a plastic Bag.
- Rainproof / Sun Cap / Warm Wear as per Season.
- Torch, Napkin / Towel.
- Morning Utilities.
- Glucon – D OR Electrol – Optional
- Shoes Compulsory in a Good Condition while trekking
- Dress Code – T-shirt, Flexible Track pant.(HALF PANT NOT ALLOWED.)
- Any type of addictions like tobacco, Liquor, etc is strictly not allowed.
- Personal Medicines, if any.
- Don’t keep valuable while trekking
- Use plastic carry bags to save your mobile & Wallet.
- Avoid Jean pant for inconvenience in Walking / Climbing.
- Follow all the Instructions given by Team Explorers.
- Keep Healthy environment & helpful nature while Trekking & at the time of Activity.
- Share your Tiffin with Needy Participant.
- Don’t keep anything like mobile, Wallet, Gold ornaments at the time of Adventure Activity
- Make New friends & share your thoughts in a Group.
- Share your Happy memories with Explorers on Facebook
- Transport by Private Non AC High back Vehicle. (Pune – Bamnoli – Pune).
- Transport to Bring Tents, Sleeping Bags & other Accessories.
- RTO Permit, Toll & Parking Expenses.
- Camping with Carry mats, Sleeping Bags, Torch, Camp fire, etc
- Day 1: Saturday – Evening Tea & Snacks (Limited), Dinner (Veg. Non Veg.Unlimited)
- Day 2: Sunday – Morning Tea & Breakfast (Limited), Packed Lunch, Evening Tea & Snacks (Limited).
- Accommodation: Non AC Dome shape Tents on Triple Sharing Basis.
- Carry Mate, Sleeping bag, Torch.
- Trek to Vasota with all Permissions like Boating Entry, Boat Club Charges, Jungle Entry Fees, etc
- Expert Team of Explorers.
- First aid kit.
- Government Service Tax.